Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone riding Glentress tomorrow or recomdations?
  • leeroybrown
    Free Member

Hi all
    Anyone from here riding Glentress tomorrow ?
    I am heading over there tomorrow morning any recommendations on what loop to ride ?
    Thanks

oldnpastit

I went a few weeks ago; we did the red and the black which are both brilliant, and then came back via Gypsy Glen: cross over the road and the river, wander around a giant forest hopelessly lost for a bit, then come down a lovely ridge into Peebles.

And don’t forget to go to Innerleithen either. The Red XC is really good as well.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Cheers so is the red and black at Glentress, then the red xc route Innerleithen doable in a day?

oldnpastit

I think it depends on how fit you are! The black is pretty hard work, and the red XC at Inners is a looong climb to the top. You’d probably have to stop for cake at the cafe to have any realistic chance of doing it.

There also seem to be quite a lot of other routes snaking off into the woods. I have no idea where they all go, so you could probably spend quite a while just at Glentress exploring those.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding Glentress tomorrow or recomdations?’ is closed to new replies.