Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone riding Cotswold-y way at the weekend?
  • IHN

… and willing to allow a Billy No Mates averagely-fit XC mincer to tag along?

Will happily supply witty repartee, make you feel like a much better rider and, more importantly, buy you a pint at the end.

qwerty
    Free Member

I could be. When? Sat or Sun? weather looks wet Sat & cloudy Sun. How long do you want to ride for? Aren’t you local to the Shire? I’m Stroud based and ride from the doorstep. Can be tricky avoiding tantrum inducing climbs, but all doable.

IHN

Cool, Saturday or Sunday’s fine, whichever has the better forecast really, probably thinking of three hours or so. And I’m more likely to have tantrums on the descents 🙂

I’m in Cirencester, so Stroud’s no problem.

qwerty
    Free Member

OK. A quick look at Met Office shows best weather tomorrow. Could meet anytime really, 10:00? If your driving you could park in Brimscombe Port car park, the offices don’t use the space then, just keep clear of the indoor football and skatepark spaces. Various route options.

Could head over to Nailsworth and then Coaley Peak before returning. Or, play around in local valleys and winch up Rodborough, Selsey/Cowley & Standish. Or any pick and mix of these.

I must admit, if its horrendous weather then I’ll bail, email in profile.

EDIT: re time: I’m out for a meal and beer at a friends tonight so prefer to avoid an EARLY start!

Any other takers?

IHN

Err, actually, in the spirit of being a complete pain in the arse, can we do Sunday?

qwerty
    Free Member

Yes can do, I’ll revisit and repost on this thread Saturday pm having checked the weather and we can replan from there. 😀

IHN

Lovely job!

qwerty
    Free Member

Well, that’s the dust damped down! No rain forecast tomorrow, should be overcast. I can still be around to ride at 10am if that suits. Could head over to Nailsworth, Tetbury Lane to Weighbridge, up to Coaley Peak, off Selsey Common and over Rodbourgh to descend Winstones. How’s that sound?

IHN

Sounds good, although I’ve no idea where any of those places are 🙂

See you at ten at Brimscombe Port

qwerty
    Free Member

Ok. See you there.

All others welcome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding Cotswold-y way at the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.