Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone riding around Aviemore 16-17 Oct?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m working up on Speyside from the 18th so thought I’d spend the weekend biking/camping around Aviemore.

I fancy doing some riding around Inshriach and Rothiemurchus, and probably camping up near the bottom of the Lairig Ghru.

Anyone else up for a spin?

househusband

Hmmm… could be tempted… not wild camping? Rothiemurchus campsite only a few km away from Lairig Ghru. Would have to leave and head home early Sunday morning.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Its possible to still use the showers etc at The Rothiemurchus campsite for a £1.

There is a great campsite about 200 yards from the bottom of the Lairig Ghru.

swavis

Could be tempted also, I’m only 45 mins north in Aberlour, and the Lairig Ghru is soooo good!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I wonder if the Aviemoron is around for some guiding? 😕

MarkN
    Free Member

Sounds like a great plan but I will be heading back up from the south I am afraid. Have a good one though.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just seem this thread McM.

Could be tempted for one of the days if the weather is promising.

Got any route plans?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stuartie, nothing planned just yet routewise. I could lend you a trailer if you fancy some wild camping. That’s in the the wilderness, not with nymphettes.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

not with nymphettes.

Hmmm… could be a deal-breaker.

messiah
    Free Member

I’m staying at Rothiemurchas that weekend… but with the family so don’t expect to have much free time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding around Aviemore 16-17 Oct?’ is closed to new replies.