Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone riding a steel hardtail with a hammerschmidt?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

HI guys ,i have a BFE and have found i cannot fit the hammerschmidt due to the rear chain stay , so can anyone tell me what frame or frames they know that can take the H/S? As now it looks like ive got a BFE frame to sell 🙁

Mbnut
    Free Member

Have one on my Sov… works a treat.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Looks really good mate, maybe its a sovereign instead of a BFE then !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mbnut
    Free Member

The Sov has a plate connecting the driveside chainstay to the BB area… I think the BFE just has a flaired chainstay.

Zoom in on the picture and you should see what I mean.

fd3chris
    Free Member

yes mate you are correct, that flare completely screws up the fitment so its time for a new frame. Shame as i missed out on a sovereign the other day on PB and wasnt too fussed until i tried to fit the H/S last night lol

Mbnut
    Free Member

Evil no longer make the Sov which is tragic, flipping great frame, they do come up occassionally though… what size would you want?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Medium I think as I’m around 5 10 to 5 11 with a 31 inside leg.

spectabilis
    Free Member

The Ragley frames have a similar chainstay to the Sov, but I don’t know for sure if one fits…can do measurements though.

thepodge
    Free Member

Im tempted to mate a Hammerschmit to my alfine

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks mate but I sold my blue pig x a while ago and dont want another Ragley. Much appreciated though 🙂

goodgrief
    Free Member

I rode a P7 set up as a 2sp, it was a riot!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a steel hardtail with a hammerschmidt?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts