Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone riding a small capra?
  • sam_underhill

Their sizing suggests it’ll be ok for 5’3″ +, but anecdotally it seems like they come up small. The Mrs “might” be looking for a new bike and the VFM on the capra is hard to look past but she’s a very petite 5’1″. Of course, it’s only good value if it fits!

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t help with the small, but I think they come up short rather than small.

So a large was a good length for me, but the seatpost mast was way too high.

You should get a small owner to measure the height to top of mast, if you can’t deduce it from the geo chart.

zero-cool
    Free Member

The wife is 5’5″ (might be a bit shorter) but has really short legs (regularly has to alter all her trousers) and she gets on well with the Small Capra. The 150mm reverb is probably about an inch and a half – 2 inches higher than the lowest (she found that when it was fully dropped it actually seemed too low for her liking)I think your wife would be fine with it. At the worst you might have to switch the reverb out for a 125mm travel one.
    She’s got a carbon one and we’ve had no problems with it so far.
    They’re not too long in the top tube either so she should be fine that way.
    I can measure from crank to saddle when I finish my shift this afternoon if you like? Or anything else that you want measured to compare to her current bike.

The wife loves her Capra

Tom KP

sam_underhill

Awesome. Thanks. That would be really helpful.
    Cranks to saddle rail, ideally with the post inserted (not dropped) as low as it goes, and a sensible “centre-ish along the TT” stand over would be really useful.
    Ta.

zerocool

Sorry for the delay.
    – Pedals to saddle rail with seat post fully inserted is 680mm. The wife runs hers 40mm higher than that and is OK with the Reverb at full 150mm extension.

– Stand over at midpoint of TT is 750mm. The stand over in front of the nose of the saddle is considerably lower.

When you’re actually standing on the pedals you realise how low the saddle is when it’s dropped, reminiscent of being on a BMX.

It also happens to be an awesome bike (she’s fussy about getting her set up right, but then you’re not allowed to fiddle with it) and seems to have eradicated her problems with arm pump. This is the 2015 CF Pro with BOS suspension (which is amazing, the Kirk performs like my coil CCDB but took about 5 mins to set up and the forks are the nicest I’ve ridden).

Like I said she’s got pretty short legs for her height. They don’t feel as short in the TT as people are suggesting.
    The only changes we’ve made to the bike are switching the brakes from Euro to UK and swapping the Renthal Fatbar for her preferred Race Face Atlas bar(didn’t like the Renthal gold but loved her existing bars)

Any other questions or measurements, just ask away and I’ll try to answer/measure them.

Tom KP

sam_underhill

Awesome, thanks.

That’s really useful.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Actually I think I forgot to subtract the 40mm from the seat rail height. If that makes any actual difference to your choice I can recessive it tomoz.

sam_underhill

Current bike setup has ~730mm pedal to seat rail. So it sounds like the capra will have at most 680mm, maybe 640mm, which will be fine either way.

Standover sounds good for the genre of bike.

Thanks again.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Like I said the stand over just in front of the saddle is even lower. It’s an ace bike, I’ve been ‘borrowing’ the bro-in-law’s aluminium one with RS suspension and it’s bloody brilliant and nothing needs changing on it. Although the Monarch Debonair isn’t a patch on the BOS Kirk or my CCDB it’s still better than 99% of people need.

Tom KP.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a small capra?’ is closed to new replies.