Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone riding a Santa Cruz Tallboy alloy 2
  • dcl

Seen a couple of these frames at a killer price and wondered if anyone has one.
    Looking at building one up to try instead of buying a full carbon bike!
    Would be grateful of opinions.

Pridds

love my carbon one. Got mine just as the tallboy 3 was released and its been a brilliant, fun bike to do loads of stuff on.

dcl

Cheers Pridds. Whats it like going uphill as well. Looking to use it on some big days out.

boxelder

I had a mk1 carbon – climbing was a strong suit.

NZCol

Great bikes, had one since they were released . V2 and now v3 a bit different but essentially still a great short travel xc machine. Have an Alu v1 and a carbon v2.

dcl

Very tempting. Like the idea of a good all round bike using the bits from the garage rather than going on finance to get a bling new bike. Like the idea of climbing being good.

dcl

Does anyone know how they size up? It seems that from the geo charts they come up a size smaller. The large looks the same size as a medium Yeti from what I can tell.

Pridds

Goes uphill really well, does everything really well apart from really gnarly stuff. Its my xc bike so i tend to do longer rides on it. Size wise, mines a large and santa cruz tend to be a bit shorter in the toptube but that suits me as i have shorter arms

NZCol

The size quite short, I am 5’11” and normal dimensions, on a large with a 90mm stem and a layback post.

dcl

Just spoke to Stif and they reckon the tallboy 2 is sized small and the xl might be a better option.
    I am 6ft.
    Any thoughts

Pridds

I’m 6ft and on a large. If you’re anywhere near the lakes your welcome to swing a leg over mine.

Shred
    Free Member

I use my Carbon V2 for XCM, including 100milers and multi day rides.

I’m 6’ and ride a large with 100mm stem and layback post, and I’m long legged, short body.

boxelder

6’4″ here and had an xxl. Think an XL would have been ok too.

daern
    Free Member

I have a carbon V2 for XC duties and can confirm that it was sized small. I’m 5’11” and ride a large, compared to my previous medium Pivot.

Great bike, super quick climber and fast. Quite a steep head angle on the V2, which makes steep, technical descending a little nail-biting (and threw me in the mud yesterday!) but otherwise, it’s an incredible capable bike. Highly recommended for XC of any sort.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

dcl – Apologies, thread highjack as I have my 2015 Tallboy 2 Carbon CC frame for sale at the mo, it’s an XL. Matte black with blue & red stripes. Pretty much immaculate. Let me know if you’d like pics and I’ll send you an email.

Tallboy 2’s are awesome bikes btw, it’s still the best bike I’ve ever ridden. The only reason I’m selling mine is that after 3 years I have a new frame itch, would certainly keep it if I had the space to!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a Santa Cruz Tallboy alloy 2’ is closed to new replies.