Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone riders around Leeds/Bradford/ General West Yorks?
  • bearnecessities

Long story, very boring – not from around here etc.

Short story, anyone get out in groups around here?

If not, maybe start one? Nothing hardcore, no ego, just some time out on the bikes – get the partners out too if wanted (obviously not for those that use cycling to escape!)

Just to ride some singletrack, take in some views & have a pint-stop.

Terrible idea? Or potential?

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’m from Huddersfield and always up for new group rides and routes, there’s a Facebook group called mountain bike shenanigans which ride most Tue/Thur/Sundays around Calderdale and Marsden area, plus occasional trail centre trips.

bearnecessities

Cheers, almost makes it worth joining facebook…but not quite enough! 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Loads of groups like this already. Calderdale mtb, the north Leeds lot, there’s a group around brightest, north Leeds, wakefield etc. just Google it.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Saltaire, a couple of us usually go for a local ride on Friday afternoons.

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Wetherby ?

merlie
    Free Member

stevelol – please get in touch … ive moved into area and looking for trails around huddersfield

robhenry85
    Free Member

el gato negro – what time do you meet on a friday? and where?

i’ll try and get out in a few weeks when i’m back to having friday off work!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I was think the same thing, only riding time is limited right now. I’m in Shipley Nr Bradford.

Mugboo

If you fancy adding to the riding in the area we are building fresh trail the last Sunday of the month up at St Ives. Pop along for a nosey and meet a few local riders 🙂

johnny5
    Free Member

hi,

Based in Calverley.

Heading out from there for a ride this weekend, probably first thing sunday….

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m in east Leeds but have two problems one is I’m just getting back into riding after a two years absence and secondly I have no car 🙁

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

The train is your friend.

Crag
    Free Member

If you’re around the South Leeds / Wakefield area, give these guys a try.

http://www.badbrainsmbc.co.uk/

woody2000

http://davemtb.co.uk/

You’ll need to sign up for the forum, but in terms of:

Just to ride some singletrack, take in some views & have a pint-stop.

They’ve got it covered 🙂

Mugboo

Woody, is that gaydavesbikeclub?

sparkyrhino

Firestarter, where abouts in east leeds?

woody2000

There is a gay dave mugboo, have you met ’em?

Mugboo

Yep, I’ve ridden a couple of times with the old Team Bad and once or twice with Daves. I know Andrew from Birkenshaw, I have the barber shop in the village.

firestarter
    Free Member

Sparkyrhino I’m in swarcliffe near fire station mate, well til then knock it down 🙁

gmex619
    Free Member

Actually speaking of near Huddersfield. Im in Penistone and wouldnt mind knowing of some spots out that way or group riding. To be honest with you guys I build bikes and only get to ride on road because I dont know anywhere! (Or anyone)

anotherstan
    Free Member

crag, are you too embarassed to mention that you are actually involved with bad brains? that post looked like it was something you’d discovered by chance whilst surfing the net, probably looking for something entirely different 😯

for anyone interested in riding with bad brains, please be advised that crag is infact our club secretary, and will be only too pleased to accept membership proposals via his email address which is probably being hastily removed from his profile as we speak 😆

woody, i think you’ve got yer ‘daves’ and ‘james’ mixed up 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riders around Leeds/Bradford/ General West Yorks?’ is closed to new replies.