Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ride Shipley Glen? Fancy looking into marking some trails?
  • PyroPete
    Free Member

Hey there – does anyone ride Shipley Glen. There's a fair bit of trail there for a quick burn and we were wondering if we could get permission to mark some trails and possibly build some. Would anyone be interested in this? Does anyone have any good routes that they like and would like to share?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There are too many conflicting interests on the glen and it's a natural beauty spot. I can't imagine the council agreeing to you digging or marking any trails over it. Even if they did want to discuss it with you, which is very unlikely, their first question will be something like "what previous experience do you have in marking and building trails?". "do you have liability insurance?". If you have no crebible background, they'll not take you seriously. Personally, I would just carry on enjoying riding and discovering the natural stuff that is there. If you start stiring up trouble for the council, it could spell the end of things like the little jump quarry etc.
    Try putting the question on the SingletrAction website forum, they are local riders and people on there have lots of experience dealing with land owners and access, but expect to be shot down on your idea.

pennine
    Free Member

What B.A.Nana says. Bikes are generally accepted on and around the Glen and we wouldn't want that to change. Keep things low key and just ride what takes your fancy. The local kids spend hours on the rocks honing their skills.

Chew
    Free Member

Same hear. Lots of good stuff around there, but a lot of it is cheaky.
    Happy to swap routes, but half of the fun is exploring and finding great natural trails, rather than making them yourself.

3rock
    Free Member

Yep, I'm a Shipley local, glen is too narrow and tight for non-confrontational tracks, I think. We're all coming across as miserable and unhelpful to the poster but I think its the way it is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride Shipley Glen? Fancy looking into marking some trails?’ is closed to new replies.