Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone ride midweek nights around Cardiff?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m off to Cardiff on a work visit between July 2-7th, I can either fly down or take the train, I fancy taking the bike in a bike bag on the train. Will it be worth the bother? Anyone ride there from stw (I’ll be at the GE facility at nantgarw, but staying in the Hilton in Cardiff).

Cheers,

Greg.

allthegear
    Free Member

I remember going for a mid-week ride with a group who ride regularly out of a pub, I think called the Lewis Arms, just North of Cardiff?

They were a really good bunch and finished at yet another pub – with food, too!!

If I get down to Cardiff this year, I’ll definitely be bringing the bike again!

Rachel

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds promising, thanks Rachel.

therag
    Free Member

The ge factory is close to castle coch, I havnt been myself but you will find plenty of trails there.

dirtyboy

Stuff on Caerphilly mountain by the burger bar

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll have a search for castle coch, cheers, anything else?

coatesy
    Free Member

GE at Nantgrw’s on the edge of a lot of good stuff, Pentyrch/Gwaelod y Garth, Castell Coch, The Wenallt, Caerphilly Mountain,and a bit further out along the Ridgeway to Rudry, The Whips, Machen, Sirhowy and Cwmcarn. Let us know when you’re free, I should be able to sort a bit of time to ride with you.

hugor
    Free Member

There is a social ride every Wednesday night that leaves the Lewis Arms at Tongwynlais every Wednesday night at 730. I wil probably be there tomorrow pending a few essential repairs. They are a really nice bunch of guys.
    Castle bikes do a Thursday night ride that leaves from their shop in Trethomas in Caerphili at 7 pm. Some really nice trails out there.
    I ride most nights. Feel free to PM me (email in profile) if you want to do some natural Brecon Beacons stuff or anything else I usually ride alone anyway.

ell_tell
    Free Member

hugor – is that organised via the mtb Wales site and do they mind newcomers!?

I used to ride alone around Castel Coch/Rudry/over to the Maenllwyd but haven’t done much midweek riding for ages and fancy getting back into it.

To the OP – I’m Cardiff based so if you (or anyone else) fancy getting out PM me (mail in profile) too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Work trip postponed for a few weeks, thanks for all the info, I’ll use it at later date.

Greg.

hugor
    Free Member

hugor – is that organised via the mtb Wales site and do they mind newcomers!?

It used to be but the site got over-run by spam bots so don’t go there!
    They are a very friendly bunch of guys and welcome newcomers.
    They ride at a social pace always regroup at junctions and the ride usually finishes at the Black Cock Inn for food and beverages.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Cool thanks for the info 🙂 Shame about the old site, always thought it looked a good one for social events & like minded folk.

I might try & pop along one weds. I don’t have lights though so unless you finish whilst its light (in the summer at least)…?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride midweek nights around Cardiff?’ is closed to new replies.