Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone ride Glentess today?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evening ladies & gents,

Heading to Glentress tomorrow regardless, but just wondered how the conditions were.

Thanks in advance.

Alan 8)

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Well, just finished and it was ace! 🙂

Caution: Avoid the yellow stuff!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Never made it that high today. Combination of thin fleece top, thin merino socks and a very XCish rear tyre saw me doing a fairly low, short loop.

Was struggling to get a read on the grip, took me way too long to realise if there even was ice under the snow there was plenty of grip anyway. Usually love those conditions but it never really clicked today.

Toes are still cold 3 hours later too!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulmurphy1971
    Free Member

Kinda wish I had joined u lads Alan ! Went to explore a new local ‘route’ as per OS Map – took me nearly 2.5 hours to cover 8.5 miles – most of which was carrying the bike uphill through dense woods no one has visited for years !! Good work out mind you and back in time for a roll n square and Chelsea arsenal tho … Glentress looks ‘interesting’ – how many comedy offs then ???

bigjim

I really struggled for grip on the rear today too, we got there quite late and everything was pretty polished. I managed a 180 spin and fall on a straight climb, which I still can’t figure out. Was good fun and lots of comedy tyre tracks leading off the tracks to body shapes in the snow to be seen!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Hi Paul – managed to stay on the bike today 🙂

Will let u know next time we venture through.

Bigjim – did notice a few dodgy tyre tracks…….

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Any condition updates? Supposed to be heading there tomorrow!

br
    Free Member

Snowing (Melrose) since 0830.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

better pack the snow chains then!

Diane
    Free Member

Not snowed much today – perhaps 1 cm. Not snowing now. Depends if it hits tonight.

gordon
    Free Member

I was there this afternoon. It’s great low down but we pushed to the top from the picnic table on the red climb. Spooky wood was comical, quite deep drifts and parts that can’t be ridden, quite a few sideways slides. It was great fun as it’s so different from normal.

br
    Free Member

Still snowing, but only an 1-2″ has settled (low down) since this morning.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Cheers – will be there tomorrow to play in the snow!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Buy a ‘bin lid’ style sledge and strap it to your pack – Spooky should be lots of fun……..

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride Glentess today?’ is closed to new replies.