Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone ride an Orange Crush who used to ride a Sub Zero??
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

As above, always liked the Sub Zero and sorry never get one before they stopped making them. 🙁 A few second hand ones knocking about for sale however as it's been replaced by the Crush, is this as good a bike? I always liked the Blue coloured Sub Zero's! I always keep my eye out for a blue Sub for sale, but not seen any.

MrNutt
    Free Member

This is a blue Subzero:

but its mine, all mine! 😀

psychle
    Free Member

This is my Sub-zero… a rather unique prototype from Orange, has ISCG mounts + adjustable dropouts, and the front is pretty much a 224… 'tis nice 8)

Not quite so silly now, a set of Pikes up front and a normal 9-speed out the back instead of the Alfine… no pictures yet.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

You're just teasing me now….my secret "crush" (no pun intended) bike was the Sub Zero….phwoooaaarrr….can i touch it?!

MrNutt
    Free Member

it's No 011/100 (2007) Its a blast to ride, I'm occasionally tempted to go for a full suss but then I've not seen anything I'd change it for (Except maybe a Canfield Balance but they are also very few and far between)

coogan
    Free Member

Not what you'd call a good looking bike now is it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh I dunno, what do you ride, you think your bike's purtyer than my bike eh?

come on then, lets see that hideous contraption, which no doubt, looks akin to the misshapen end result of a clothes rack; recently embroiled within an ill judged stairwell descent then?

coogan
    Free Member

come on then, lets see that hideous contraption, which no doubt, looks akin to the misshapen end result of a clothes rack; recently embroiled within an ill judged stairwell descent then?

That's why I always avoided an Orange…

MrNutt
    Free Member

come on vosh, what do you have now then? lets see this vision of loveliness of your then 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Would never claim either are a vision of lovelieness.

MrNutt
    Free Member

are you ashamed of what you've created sir?

coogan
    Free Member

Nope.

MrNutt
    Free Member

well? what have you been sat on? I bet you went out and singlespeeded a mojo and fitted jones bars, again.

coogan
    Free Member

Mojo? I wouldn't lower myself that low. Jones bars on the other hand…

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh dear, does sir have funny sized wheels or a very bendy frame?

edoverheels
    Free Member

Sanfacuzsi.
    In an attempt to rescue this thread I have a late model Mk1 Sub Zero and I have ridden a Crush but only a little play in the local woods and not for any length of time. Difficult to make decent comparison because the Crush was a bit too big for me and the fork had almost no rebound (no path side adjustment because rebound adjustment is internal)
    Probably as you would expect it just felt a bit more like a normal bike. I am sure it would be better at going up and riding all day on but as a result was not as much fun in the woods. Much better compromise as an only bike I am sure.

Blatant Plug – I will be selling my Sub Zero. Currently stuck in a wheelchair with a broken pelvis having crashed my 224 in the same local woods and now rationalising my bikes. 224 and Sub Zero are going!
    I have had Sub Zero for about three years I guess. Smaller frame which I think is 16" and orange not blue I'm afraid. Well used of course but always one of about 4 bikes and always maintained (I am closet 'Bicycle Repair Man')

grantway
    Free Member

Santa Just buy any second hand Sub Zero and send the frame back to
    Orange for them to re-spray in any of there colour schemes :wink:.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Grantway
    I owe you 😉

santacruzsi
    Free Member

grant, been looking, but cant find any! Quite fancy a little project!

grantway
    Free Member

No probs Guys very happy to help!
    Keep an eye out on Pink Bike classifieds section.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

This is a blue Subzero:

This was a blue SubZero before I stripped it:

I'll ride this until I destroy it. Absolutely stupid amounts of fun; although it's a bit of a wrestle on climbs. I've actually found myself laughing out loud on descents.

wl
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for the Zero – had mine two years (it replaced the earlier model I'd flogged to a mate) and it's ace – use mine for xc through to messing on silly stuff and riding/carrying up places big hills like Helvelyn for monster descents. Downhill it's fast, fun and superb on steep, slow technical stuff. Warrants decent big forks – I run Van 36s.

butterworth24
    Free Member

@MrNutt

it’s No 011/100 (2007)

your’s was the one after mine! mines number 10 and it’s half built. It’s my baby 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bad luck edoverheels. Heal soon.

el_diablo
    Free Member

I’m sure he’ll be all healed by now! 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride an Orange Crush who used to ride a Sub Zero??’ is closed to new replies.