Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ride a Dartmoor Hornet?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Just found out about these frames and for the price everything looks positive. The petrol finish is incredible as well! Currently ride a Scott Voltage which I love for dh but want something a bit bigger and longer for pedally rides and I fancy trying a hardtail designed for big forks rather than the tiny dj hardtails I used to ride. Far as I can see I could pretty much get a Hornet and swap all my parts over as and when I want to change bikes as it should all be transferable (bit of a faff but cheaper than having 2 bikes).

So who has one and what do you think? How do they size up? I’m about 5’9 with a 29″ inside leg so would the 16″ be best for me? My Lyrik is 170mm but could space down to 160 if the full travel is a bit much for it?

hainman
    Free Member

I have 3 friends who ride this bike and love it,1 mate has it at 150mm,another runs it 160mm and the third has it at 170mm.All 3 would ride this bike before their FS bikes

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds promising 🙂 can anyone comment on the sizing?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sazter

I am one of the three mentioned above, mine is the 150mm, 16″ frame, I am 5’6 and female so probably not the best comparison! I do love the bike though, I only use my fs when it’s going to be a full weekend epic and I think my back will suffer without the rear suss!

When I got it I had old school pikes and heavy 26″ wheels, it now has new school Revs and light 650 wheels and is so much more chuckable!

_tom_
    Free Member

Liking the sound of this 🙂 I guess eventually I could get some 650b wheels and smaller forks if I liked the hardtail enough and keep my voltage for dh and uplift days!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride a Dartmoor Hornet?’ is closed to new replies.