Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone ride a BMX (not doing tricks or anything fancy)
  • Drac

Kimbers I’ve removed your post from this thread as wasn’t a very nice thing to have in this thread. Feel free to create a new thread announcing the tragic accident though.

2tyred

Cool dad for sure.

Me and Tyred Jr the elder (5yo) spend a few hours each weekend at the concrete park round the corner from us and have the odd outing to a nearby track, him on his Islabike, me on my 20″. I’m 6’1 and ride a 21″ tt wethepeople.

Since my younger days I have acquired The Fear, but I’m getting better. Doubt I’ll ever be floating 180s high over the coping, but its all good fun, especially when you suddenly remember a bit of technique you thought had gone forever. At the moment I’m trying to remember what to do with a hip.

It’ll be cool right up until the day my younger son announces he doesn’t want me to come any more.

letmetalktomark – that Trailstar is lovely.

Zedsdead – is that Clydebank? Keep meaning to take the wee fella over, will do soon.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It is indeed Clydebank. Good fun too. Give me a shout if you fancy heading over, I’ll meet you there – it’s a great laugh

_tom_
    Free Member

There are 22″ bikes too – my mate has one and loves it. I’ve had a go and I have to say, it is pretty darn good too.

Is that a Faction? I looked into those but wasn’t sure how much difference 2″ would make to the stability.

I really want to get back into bmx for dirt jumping and skatepark as they “just work” and nothing ever seems to break whereas my mtb always has things clicking and clunking. Just couldn’t get used to the stability issue last time although being a Sunday 20.5″ it wasn’t really a jumping bike, more for street. Ended up selling as I needed the money at the time, but wish I persevered to see how it went.

btw lyons I just tried to email you about the Deluxe but couldn’t see a visible email address.

2tyred

Zedsdead – Member
    It is indeed Clydebank. Good fun too. Give me a shout if you fancy heading over, I’ll meet you there – it’s a great laugh

Good plan, will do soon!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It is a Faction.

It’s really good, although I would say change the standard bars to taller and wider. The handling is ace! Definitely give one a go

Zedsdead
    Free Member

2tyred, I’m not sure if you have BMX bikes? If not let me know and I’ll bring along a few for you to try. You’ll be hooked for sure…

kimbers

sorry wasnt thinkin about the OP!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride a BMX (not doing tricks or anything fancy)’ is closed to new replies.