Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone ride a bike that is too small but what the heck !
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi,

Now I normally ride a 20" HT frame, however, I have recently come by a 19" frame, once built up, there is nearly a full 410mm Thomson seatpost used to get the full leg travel I need.
    The post is NOT beyond the minimum mark (just about on it to be honest).

The ride feels rather 'sitting on' rather than sitting in and I'm not sure about it to be honest
    Most people and I agree, state better with a slightly smaller frame than a larger one but…..

Any thoughts out there other than the usual 'just ride it' 😆

Olly
    Free Member

i ride a 21" trance (6ft 5) but my street bike was a 12" frame 😉

Summer season is an 18", so is "chuckier" as using it as a DH HT.
    trance feels a bit stretched now after riding the on one for a while…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes, Im 6foot2 and ride a 17.5inch cotic. The seat goes high enough with a bit to spare (for off road stuff) but for on road stuff it feels too low for proper cranking it.

I also use it for jumps and dh stuff so went for a smallish size. Would be interested to try and 19inch though

cynic-al
    Free Member

1" smaller is in no way "too small" IMO

I bet if you measure head tube, top tube etc it's damn close to your 20" and it's all in your mind.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

As long as the TT is long enough its grand.

Biggest annoyance with being a tall dude is finding bikes long enough that don't look like gates.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh precisely, where as I should be riding about a 20inch frame and I definitely know theres a big difference between that and the 17.5 I currently ride

juiced
    Free Member

try being tiny in height. they are mostly too long.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ride a bike that is too small but what the heck !’ is closed to new replies.