Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone ridden Whinlatter Forest in the Lakes
  • salome33
    Free Member

So I may be heading up to the lakes in Novemeber for a long weekend. I ride downhill, free ride and dirt jumps mainly. I have a converted jump bike built around strength, not weight! but it does have 8 gears.

So, is there much in Whinlatter of this kind of stuff? or is it all mile on mile of climbing?!

dont call me lazy, I just get bored easily!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It goes up and down, we still don’t have hills for all climbing 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/45739860[/video]

Bit of both north & south. Also if your lucky the weather might be this good 🙂

Trekster

So, is there much in Whinlatter of this kind of stuff? or is it all mile on mile of climbing?!

dont call me lazy, I just get bored easily!
    Yes, 2 climbs+ 2 descents, first one being a killer 😉 Only jumpy bit is on the South side

An hour up the road you could play on the DH trails of Ae and the skills park at Mabie

salome33
    Free Member

Yeh from the websites it sounds like theres two big rides, but it does mention about there being bits of track that ride of these two main tracks which are signposted as skull and cross bones……..sounds interesting….

If its all long distance stuff then i think i may need to rent a bike from them bcos mine does not like uphill!

Andy_K

It’s not a dirt jumpy course. Certainly theres no “park” you could easily session.

P20

It’s quite fun and quite scenic (for a trail centre). I wouldn’t make the effort just to ride Whinlatter though. It’s more a ride for the day that you arrive or leave and just need a half day ride in my opinion. The cake was good from memory.

Trekster

http://cyclewise.co.uk/
    Doubt the wee “black” bits would keep you interested 😉

There is a new DH section in Whinlatter, not been so cannot comment

If it is a holiday weekend get up there early, parking can be a nightmare and pricey 🙄

salome33
    Free Member

cheers for the info guys. I have been going to the lakes for years now but never ridden it, I have either hiked or scrambled! Im tempted to just carry my bike up a hike with my dad then just bomb it down and meet the old man at the bottom!

would be interested to see what the north loop is about, the claim is the best downhill in the UK. Big claim right there. They must been its the ‘prettiest’ rather than best to ride and challenge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Whinlatter Forest in the Lakes’ is closed to new replies.