Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,144 total)
  • Anyone ridden the Mojo Nicolai yet?
  • ryzman
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly I could only manage to get a link but can’t work out how to have the image visible on this page

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@ryzman – the frustration of photo sharing!!

When you view the picture in Flickr there are 4 options at the bottom right. The second one is a small arrow. If you click that a new box will appear with the options to share the photo. If you select the BB Code one and then copy the link shown in the box and paste it straight into a forum post that should work.

ryzman
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LejfcZ]image[/url] by ryan dean, on Flickr

ryzman
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly success.. Thanks

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@ryzman – no worries.

Looks like a nice build. Got most of the bits here for a G13 LT myself so hopefully be ready next week!

ryzman
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly … It’s such a good bike.. Just having the forks tuned atm, but best way to explain its ride characteristic is climbs like a 120mm trail bike and decends like my dh bike.. Hammered the shit out of it for 10 days in morzine/ Switzerland off piste gnar and it took it easy.. You will love it

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Should have an X-Longest G13 LT built up by the weekend but had a couple of quick questions in advance:

What size seat clamp does it use? Its a 30.9 post so 34.9mm clamp aye?

And what bike rack are folks going with for transporting X Longest G13/15/16’s? I am pretty sure it’ll be pushing the limit of the wheel supports on my Atera!!

singlespeedstu

And what bike rack are folks going with for transporting X Longest G13/15/16’s? I am pretty sure it’ll be pushing the limit of the wheel supports on my Atera!!

Currently got an Atera Strada 3 bike rack and my longest G16 kind of goes on with some extra straps.

Just ordered an Atera Ebike ML . Should fit better on that as it’s designed for a wheelbase up to 1430mm.

The old rack was for a max 1200mm wheelbase and bike is 1328mm…

I’ll find out when it arrives in the next few days.

hillarybriss
    Free Member

<p dir=”ltr”>Aye up guys…</p>
    <p dir=”ltr”>I’ve finally got round to purchasing a set of 29er I can break to complete my hybrid conversion. I Have an original 2016 Geometron.</p>
    <p dir=”ltr”>Whilst I’ve got the forks apart I was wondering if there’s any merit in fitting one of these luftkappe valves and is there anything else I could do  volume spacers ect whilst they are apart, im 96kg & apart from going in for lower services this is the first real tinkering they’ll be getting ?</p>
    <p dir=”ltr”>Thanks, Neil.</p>

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@singlespeedstu that sounds like a perfect match! My wheelbase will be longer again so looks like one of the few options available really. Let us know how you get on with it.

singlespeedstu

I’ll do some pics if it fits ok.

chopchop
    Free Member

My Xlongest on a roof. Just about fits on a Thule 598, mm’s of space.

Stretching the limits of a Thule 598

singlespeedstu

A longer and a longest fit great on the Atera Ebike ML.

There’s plenty of room to spare.

Atera Ebike ML rack.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@chopchop and @singlespeedstu thanks for the pics. SSS – is there more space between the bikes on the ebike rack than on a ‘standard’ rack too?

singlespeedstu

Yes mate there’s loads of room.

No chance of any contact between bikes.👍🏻

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Got the G13 sorted this week!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27DMfrw]IMG_1593[/url] by weewillywinky, on Flickr

X-Longest. 160mm Lyric. -2* Angleset. EXT Storia Coil 148mm. DT240/XM481 Wheels, GX Eagle. It just about fits on my current bike rack too which is an unexpected bonus!

chopchop
    Free Member

Looking good Willy!

Have you had a chance to get it out for a ride over the weekend?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@chopchop – thanks!

Had a couple of short rides now. It climbs better than I expected. It descends better than I expected. I know Strava is not the be all and end all (don’t often use it) but it indicates I am substantially quicker down the hill despite not feeling faster!

The extra room up top is noticeable – I think its helped me ‘save’ a few times that I would definitely have been down on the other bike.

SirHC
    chopchop
    Free Member

Willy, I had the same experience with being faster despite not feeling so. I’m still finding myself in corners having carried more speed than expected but the bike remains so composed its never an issue, apart from my heart rate.

Im still getting faster with every ride, perhaps because I’m getting fitter as a result of riding more ( due to increased enthusiasm for getting out with this frame).

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve definitely been hitting a few corners faster than ‘normal’ which has led to a few interesting moments!

honourablegeorge

Chainline… if you’re about, I remember you recommending Halfords Matt black paint for touching up scratches on black ano frames…. is this the one?

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165495&productId=206133&storeId=10001

Just picked up a bargain G13 frame, few cable rub spots I want to sort before building it.

honourablegeorge

@SirHC… I saw triple clamp 36s on a G13 on Instagram the other day.  Will rry to find it

SirHC

Those are 40’s, air bleed buttons on the back of the fork legs.

These look like 36’s: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmIoJrBhisX/?taken-by=mojo_risin96

sharkattack

Just a quickie to say I’m currently in Morzine with my G16. It is hands down the best bike I’ve ever brought to the Alps for a number of reasons.

Firstly it just feels safer and more stable than anything else I’ve ever ridden. I’ve always had a proper DH bike but they’ve always been much smaller on 26″ wheels. The Geometron absolutely lets rip across rough ground and roots. Any chance to get off the brakes and just motor through a section full of roots or boulders just feels amazing.

Anyway I’m lying in bed and I can smell breakfast so I’m out of here!

Rubber_Buccaneer
    SirHC

honourablegeorge

G13 owners – are you all using boost chainrings? I’ve fitted one, and it feels like my chainline is very much towards the lower end of the cassette. I might just swap a BB spacer to the other side to moveit in a bit.

honourablegeorge

Finally done building this one…. picked up a second hand frame and a discount fork from Evans, my spare 29er wheels converted to boost, some spare bits from shed and borrowed off another bike. Longst G13, 140mm fromt, 130-something rear.

squid
    Free Member

I would like to say after reading the majority of posts on this thread over the last 3 days at work, that today it turned up…. I bought a G16 frame (albeit 2nd hand) its a 2017 frame Paul informs me…. I would like to welcome myself into the fold…. Its going to be a 160mm jobby at both ends (Fox 36 and X2) as this is what i have from previous steed (Alpine 160) Hope brakes and Race Face Sixc crank with X01 mech and cassette a bit more carbon with the Renthal bars….. The wheels hopefully will be temporary Easton Arcs  I’d love another set of Sixth Element carbon rims because they are so good on my hardtail … But we will see…. Photos will follow but nothing much is going to happen before Sunday .. So excited .. (again)

singlespeedstu

Looking good Mr honourable.

Running a non boost chainset on this.

Still need to drop the fork down to 150 tomorrow when i get my hands on a new airspring.

This is going to be for more local trail use than my G16 which is a big old bike to drag round some of the stuff I have nearer to home.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MxajuD]G13 Built up.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/29UCFmt]G13 Built Up.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Chainline
    Free Member

I am still about and hope you got the mail honourablegeorge about the paint!

Great to see people still enjoying and some used bikes cropping up to make entry more affordable. They are cropping up on a worldwide basis now which is nice to see..

I’m still involved with it all just been stupid busy with work and a few injuries making this lovely dry year a bit of a relative washout for me 🙁

Chainline
    Free Member

Cropping up as in being used not for sale… Quite a few being used for DH racing in Canada!

honourablegeorge

Chainline

I am still about and hope you got the mail honourablegeorge about the paint!

I did – I thought I sent a thank you reply, apologies if I didn’t. It nicely patched up the cable rub on the frame above…. and fitted all my cables with a double wrap of heat shrink at the rub spots. I sill havent had a chance to ride the thing, combination of work, illness and other stuff has kept me housebound for the last fortnight or so.

hillarybriss
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28QaCHU]geometron ladybower1[/url] by Neil Grice, on Flickr">http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/28QaCHU]geometron ladybower1[/url] by Neil Grice, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2acFYAF]fox 36 travel[/url] by Neil Grice, on Flickr">http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2acFYAF]fox 36 travel[/url] by Neil Grice, on Flickr

Evening Gents, Finally got the old girl up & running as a hybrid, had a right struggle trying to find a set of non boost lowers so ended up paying through the roof for a complete fork to split.

Whilst i had the forks in i was recommended to have a luftkappe fitted “It completely transform the performance of your fork” This weekend was my first proper ride & found that my fork isn’t going through its full travel as it used to & leaving a good 2″ from the o-ring  to the top of the stanchion. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience, i’ve tried google & the bike shop said this is normal but i don’t believe that for one minute?

Thanks.

honourablegeorge

Chainline – question for you. How come Moje/Geometron haven’t enbraced the G15 as yet? I know they do their own 148mm travel version of the G13 using the custom stroke shock, but why not the G15 proper that Nicolai offer with the 216 stroke shock?

sofaking
    Free Member

Honourablegeorge, its been on the geometron  website for quite a while

honourablegeorge

sofaking

Honourablegeorge, its been on the geometron website for quite a while

Lol. Looking again, and yes, it’s right there…. somehow managed to see the opposite while browsing on my phone last night.

Carry on, al. Let’s pretend this one never happened.

blakec
    Free Member

I Need some help.

I bought a 2nd hand DHX2 without a spring. As I have always fancied try a coil shock

I have been trying to work out the right spring rate. I went on tf tuned’s spring calculator it worked out a rate of 399 so I bought a cane creek 400lbs spring fitted it and the sag was about 36%. So I bought a 425lbs and 450lbs nukeproof springs the 425 was a sag about 40% the 450 was about a 36%.

It’s my first coil and following the instructions set minimum preload.

Dose any one know of a spring calculator that works with the mojo g16 as I don’t want to just keep buying springs. Or have advice for setting one up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.