Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,144 total)
  • Anyone ridden the Mojo Nicolai yet?
  • ganic
    Free Member

I have a G16 with boost rear, set up as a 29er.  Running a 2.5 minion dhf on the back does result in a slight rub on the chain stays under hard cornering loads.  It is only slight though, I have it Heli taped so it hasn’t rubbed through that.

Switched to a 2.4 minion dhf now.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone know if it is ‘OK’ to run a 150 or 160mm fork on a G13?

Presumably it is as a lot of the G13’s I’ve heard about have been bumped up to 148mm on the rear.

spk1
    Free Member

Hi all

May be entering the fold soon! Had a short play on Longer&Longest G16 at FoD last weekend to determine sizing. Longest felt right for me at 5’10. Doing a proper demo day next week. Will try both 650/hybrid and air/coil options. Cancelled an order for a new Capra so hoping this works out!

jonswhite

Hi all. I’m looking at a G13 Longest. I know that there has been various discussions on this but I wanted to know if it’s definitely workable and what it would do to head angle and B.B. height:

200×57 coil shock

160mm forks

thanks

chopchop
    Free Member

Willy, I’m running a 150mm fork with standard 130mm rear, it’s more than ‘OK’ 😀

Even better with a -2deg headset…

singlespeedstu

Hi all

May be entering the fold soon! Had a short play on Longer&Longest G16 at FoD last weekend to determine sizing. Longest felt right for me at 5’10. Doing a proper demo day next week. Will try both 650/hybrid and air/coil options. Cancelled an order for a new Capra so hoping this works out!

When’s your demo day?

spk1
    Free Member

Done yesterday at BPW singlespeedstu

mboy
    Free Member

Anyone on here on a G15? Is it significantly more of a bike than the G13 would you say, on paper it looks pretty similar but with 20mm more travel and a longer stroke shock, but I appreciate that doesn’t really tell you anything.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep, I ride a g15. It is more of a bike, but not in a bad way. I run the suspension so it ramps up, and the last inch or so, and is a rarely used, get out jail free type of thing. I spent about six weeks on a g13, and it doesn’t pedal any worse, and feels very similar, it just has more bonkersness.

I did worry that a six inch travel 29er would be to much, but **** that, it’s great fun.

mboy
    Free Member

I did worry that a six inch travel 29er would be to much, but **** that, it’s great fun.

I’m coming from more travel on a 29er funnily enough! But similarly don’t want to sacrifice too much in the way of pedalability etc.

uselesshippy, you got a pic? How have you got yours setup?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUceatiDjNJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ih3zdo48wx79

Think that’s probably the best pic I have of it. Chinese carbon rims, 36s, an X2, and it now has 38mm rise renthals on it. I’ve done literally every type of riding, long gravel xc, through to super steep and tight technical stuff in sospel.

jonswhite

So this arrived today.

chopchop
    Free Member

We’ve not had any build pics for a while. This is my G13 built to withstand some punishment. I’ve had it for a few months now and it keeps getting better every ride, I’m still trying to find the limits of it but my nerve gives before the bike starts to struggle…

XLongest frame, Lyrik at 160mm, -2deg headset, CCDB in-line 130mm.

https://ibb.co/miGAtz
    https://ibb.co/hSaELe

https://ibb.co/jUeKmK

edd

Just got mine (an original long Geometron) back from having the bearings and bushes replaced. Great service from Mojo Rising/ Geometron.

Rubber_Buccaneer

edd, what did the bushings and bearings cost if you don’t mind saying?

edd

£149.94 including an hours labour, return shipping and VAT. That’s for full bearings, bushings and o-rings fitted.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks, not too bad

duir
    Free Member

On the subject of bearings, I just replaced all mine and am having a brain melt. Can’t remember if the bearings in the swing arm are in the outside with the silver spacer/seal on the inside like in the pic or vice verse???

duir
    Free Member

Yes definitely bearing first then spacer!

singlespeedstu

Bearing, spacer then flip chip.

Think the spacer is directional too.

jonswhite

So the frame turned into this:

G13 Longest (ex-demo frame from Mojo)

Lyrik RC2 150mm

Cane Creek Air IL 130mm. Got the Fox DHX at 148mm for Alps days but spring sent by the guys is too light (giving 33% sag) so need a 450lb one

Newmen 30mm wheels

Hope cranks and Bike Yoke Revive 185mm drop seat post

Rest is off my old bike

Finisjed the build this evening and got a pass for a couple of hours first thing tomorrow for a shake down. Then a day in Austria on Wednesday ! Can’t wait.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

That looks good jonswhite! Is it just a switch of shock to go up to 148mm travel? No different links or anything like that?

What do you think the Newmen wheels? Just recently saw a few guys running them.

What height are you?

jonswhite

Hi willy.

Yes, the Fox coil is a custom 190×57 from Mojo. Can just swap them out and all angles/measures stay the same.

just wanted a 120 Air shock for trail riding and a longer travel coil for mountains. Can then get back to 1 bike that gets used all the time. Rather than swapping between two (Dune and an Orange Four) with the Dune just not getting used much.

The wheels seem really nice. Light. Rear hub sounds great. Went up tubeless with a track pump easily.

Will see how they ride this week.

I’m 6’2”. Was riding an XL Mondraker Dune which has same reach that I liked but got fed up of not being able to get the seat low enough out of the way.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Cheers jonswhite,

I’m the same height and have been debating between Longest and X Longest….

Good to know on the rear shock and I like the idea of having 2 bikes in 1 much like you said.

jonswhite

Ideally I’d have one in between. But the shorter seat tube was more important than more reach.

jonswhite

Anyway. Here’s a few more pictures.

It’s ace.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks fantastic. Is that a normal headset or angleset?

jonswhite

1.5degree Angle set. Gives approx 62.5 degree HA. Forks are the 42 degree offset too

jonswhite

And here it is in the wild.

Great day

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks good!! Patiently waiting for the various bits to arrive to build mine up!

ryzman
    Free Member

Hello.. New g13 LT owner, on mine I noticed that the bolt that goes through the flip chip looks to short.. As in I can see quite a few threads left.. Is this normal or should I get a longer bolt? Also the rear axle.. Is it possible to change this to a quick release? Only as the 6mm Allen key has worn fast.. Many thanks and this is defo the best bike Ive owned

Rubber_Buccaneer

6mm Allen key has worn fast

You either take the wheel out a hell of a lot or over tighten it.  QR is an option Nicolai offer so it should just be a matter of getting the right one.  I think it’s a maxle but probably wise to check with Mojo/Geometron Bikes

ryzman
    Free Member

I have two sets of wheels and when it’s caked in dirt I like to wash it properly so remove the wheel.. My bike gets used a lot!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Rear  Maxle compatible – replace with that.

ryzman
    Free Member

Thanks will do.. How do I upload photos? Proud of my build and everyone loves a bike pic 😀

blakec
    Free Member

Do you need the swing arm service tool? Or dose it just make it easier?

If so where do you get one. Couldn’t see anything on nicolia’s web site.

singlespeedstu

You could change bearings without the tool. Its is only a* drift after all.

But it doesn’t cost much and it makes life a little easier.

Geometron Bikes have them.

*Actually 3 different drifts, but you still just whack them with a hammer.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

@ryzman if you’re using Flickr or similar you can just copy and past the BB Code I think. Get your pics up!

ryzman
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.