Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone ridden Surrey hills in the last couple of days?
  • gee
    Free Member

Given that Swinley’s riding really well I thought it might be worth a trip over to Peaslake? Any recent updates?

GB

andymac
    Free Member

I think there must be 2 Swinleys because I went yesterday and thought it was pretty awfull apart from the man made bits!

Leith Hill was pretty mushy and unpleasant today. Got a bit fed up.

SOAP
    Free Member

Bump I’m going to be on the hills all weekend so could do with some local knowledge..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdaddy

I’m riding all day at Freeborn’s demo day tomorrow in Peaslake, so hoping its reasonably dry (please!)

njee20
    Free Member

It has to be, it’s been dry all week!

torihada
    Free Member

It can’t be any worse than its been. Hopefully it’ll get freeze dried over the next few days.

Cheezpleez

It may have been dry all week but it’s also been frozen for most of it, so it hasn’t drained.

Was out on Leith Hill last night and the frozen bits were good. Lots of the main trails will still be a mudfest if they thaw during the day but there’s good riding to be had if you know where to look.

I’ve not been over to Peaslake in the past few days but I think it’ll be the same story

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Things are better but not as great as cold temps would have suggested. But forecast for cold, dry weather should help.

Has Parklife/Yog pots re-opened? We’re they changing the new bits? I thought they were a laugh, especially first time (hands up if in the wrong gear first time round?).

mattjg
    Free Member

Things are better but not as great as cold temps would have suggested. But forecast for cold, dry weather should help.

Much fun on frozen trail ruts last night, made by mountain bike wheels, perfect for catching mountain bike wheels.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

I was thinking of going to that freeborn demo day tomorrow it’s drying out a bit, hoping it’ll be ok.

gee
    Free Member

Ok, will head over tomorrow. May steer clear of Leith. I rode Abbazabba a couple of weeks ago before all this snow and it was bone dry but buried under leaves – looked unused!

GB

gee
    Free Member

Trails update…

They are brilliant. A few puddles and muddy bits on the fire roads and that’s about it.

I wouldn’t bother with any of the ones off the back of Leith – Caspers etc – as that area is just one big swamp but the rest is just bone dry.

90 miles of fun round there today! Happy days.

GB

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx for the update Gee. And the forecast is dry the next few days.

gee
    Free Member

Yeah they’ll just be getting better and better… The dry spell a few weeks ago seems to have really helped. That and all the digging that’s gone on over the winter to drain the trails!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just had a 3 hour blast – things have really dried out just in past two days. Rode latish, 4-7 (just in) so nice and quiet everywhere but water has been replaced by deer. I have never seen so many and so close. Across Thursley Common two dear ran beside me for about 300m. Lovely sight!

SOAP
    Free Member

Cheers for the reports
    Coming up from Bristol for 3 days riding. 🙂

bentudder

Out at 7am today on Holmbury. it’s lovely and dry in the most part, with the occasional monster puddle or mud patch in places.

mattjg
    Free Member

Coming up from Bristol for 3 days riding.

Don’t come here, it’s rubbish crowded and expensive.

(chaps you see what happens with these trail reports, yeah?)

SOAP
    Free Member

What would you bring to ride
    Dailled PA or Coil Pitch or both?

mattjg
    Free Member

PA.

robnav
    Free Member

coil pitch! rode there yesterday from peaslake, conditions were perfect but trails/car parks quite busy due to the freeborn demo.

njee20
    Free Member

Lets not go that far, it’s pretty good, but not perfect! In fact it’s the worst it’s been at this time of year for a while!

mashiehood
    Free Member

conditions are good, not perfect. My bike didnt need a wash!

mattjg
    Free Member

All the classics on Holmbury were good today, a bit of mush under the trees in places but elsewhere the nice ‘slight dampness’ that’s just enough to stop the dust.

The trees are very bare, almost like a dry December. It’s a bit eerie, spring is very due.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Surrey hills in the last couple of days?’ is closed to new replies.