Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone ridden on Sal, Cape Verde?
  • YoGrant
    Free Member

Family holiday booked for August and likelihood of any riding is minimal as it looks essentially like a big sand dune encircled by hotel resorts :0(

Anyone ridden there? Anything good?

Always wanted to do a PADI course so might be better off learning to dive than spend a few days riding?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Cape Verde means this to me
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42_bC4EWx8[/video]

imnotverygood

I have been to Sal, but not for riding. My memory is of a big sand dune with some hotels on the coast. Windy.
    TBH it never occurred to me to ride a bike there. Fat bike would do it, but from what I remember I’m not sure anything else would.

dirtydog
    Free Member

As far as riding goes there’s nothing there of interest (Sal).

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Sal’s flat as a pancake and is geared more towards sunbathing and water sports. You need to fly to some of the other islands to find any gradients. Santo Antao and Sao Nicolau have spectacular mountain ranges, and Fogo has the volcano. I’ve walked on Santo Antao and Fogo and wished I had a bike with me the whole time 🙂

YoGrant
    Free Member

A days bike hire and riding on a trip to Fogo then I think and just chill with the wife and kids for the other ten. Cheers chaps.

timbur
    Free Member

Tart! Did those parts arrive?

YoGrant
    Free Member

Sat in the sorting office I think mate as I wasn’t home. Will pick up Tuesday.

I let the Mrs choose holiday venue, I wanted Madeira which would have had amazing riding! But hotel rooms weren’t right (needed one big room with Tabs rather than two twin). I’m sure it will be lovely!

dickie
    Free Member

I went to Sal with Sall in 2013. Yep its a cross between a sand dune & quarry.
    We stayed just outside Santa Maria. The quad bike tour of the island is great, I would highly recommend it – 4-5 hours right around the coast line.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden on Sal, Cape Verde?’ is closed to new replies.