Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone ridden on Malvern this week?
  • gribble
    Free Member

Brought my bike up to Worcester for the weekend. Malverns seem quite white. Any of it rideable and can you let me know where he good stuff is?

Happy Easter STW.

gribble
    Free Member

Bump for the thank god it is Thursday crowd.

BlobOnAStick

A mate cycled up there last night. The verdict wasn’t great, but it’s been quite warm today.

If the weather is fine over the weekend it’ll be absolutely rammed up there, and hence pretty poor for riding (IMHO)

stevied
    Free Member

Went up there tonight. Was good fun…better on the main paths as they’ve been walked on a fair bit. Not ideal but good to get out. This time last year I was night riding in a t-shirt 🙁

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks Bob and StevieD. Are they any other easy options to the north-east of the Malverns? last time I did a route (following bridleways etc), the route was obstructed part way round.

Wouldn’t mind riding in the snow at all, but not ideal to ride amongst thousands of families walking (thanks for pointing that out Bob). Am not really local, so any help much appreciated.

stevied
    Free Member

There are literally hundreds of tracks you can ride. With the nice weather it’ll be busy up there for sure. With so many tracks it’s hard to describe specific routes but if I were going for a ride I’d start at the clocktower car-park (west Malvern Road). It’s a steep climb but gets you high up quickly.
    If you head out of the back end of the car park the track climbs quite a bit
    You’ll eventually level out near a big rock face, take the track to the right (up again). This zig-zags up onto the side of North Hill. From there you can go left towards the Beacon or right around the side of North Hill. That end is normally the quieter end as people tend to go up from the Wyche if they are walking to the Beacon..

ndthornton
    Free Member

Great – if you like riding on snow

grtdkad

Night riding the Malverns later on today. Happy to report back.

Hate the re-frozen sections which have been churned up by walkers’ boots. No fun at all 🙄

gribble
    Free Member

Well, went out today over lunch time. Some bits too iced up for me to ride up. Generally good fun and adds some interest to the different descents. Zig zags bit down to he car park mentioned before was interesting.

Thanks all for your comments. May get out for a ride again tomorrow if time allows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden on Malvern this week?’ is closed to new replies.