Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone ridden Okehampton/Abbeyford woods recently?
  • tomhughes46

Hey

Was thinking of going to Abbeyford woods tomorrow, but haven't ridden there for about 2 years; I understand all the woodwork has been pulled down but has anything done to develop the trails, last time I was there there was an easy blue/red and a black none of which were really worth the trip for.

Any recent developments? Worth the trip from Exeter? Obviously I could go to Haldon/Woodbury etc. but fancy a change

Cheers

Tom

singletracksurfer

I popped in this summer to see the northshore (didn't realise it had been pulled down). Didn't really see many other trails, so carried along my C2C ride (grumpy).

Why was it pulled down – it was all legit?

snaps
    Free Member

Not been this year myself but the website hasn't been updated either http://www.okefreeriders.co.uk/
    There were some good trails on the south & east sides of the woods, about 9 miles if I remember rightly Map Here

lexiekay
    Free Member

Pics here We went last November, just before all the shore was pulled down.

Apparently it was pulled down in agreement with the Forestry Commission as they needed to do some felling there and the shore was several years old. The idea was that the woodwork would be rebuilt once the FC had finished working in the area, but lack of support from locals meant they never got around to re-building it, which was a real shame because it was ace…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Okehampton/Abbeyford woods recently?’ is closed to new replies.