Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone ridden monster slicks on their MTB ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

or similar
    considering some Bonty hanks or schwalbe supermotos in 2.2 . I know they are heavy but wondered how they ride ? ..Is the 750grams per tyre a real nightmare or not so bad?
    thanks in advance
    Bill

Waderider
    Free Member

I once fitted a set of Big Apples. Must have been about 3″ size – massive.

Slow as anything, and blew my sidewall apart. That was in the days of v brakes though 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

Used to commute on 2.2 DMR Moto’s never had a problem with them. Soaked up the potholes etc better and look right when thinner tyres can look a bit wrong.

Also have a 29er Schwalbe Big Apple 2.35″ on my hack bike and love it. Floats over anything and is the biggest tyre i own (bigger than the 2.55″ WTB). Will probably get a pair for my new drop bar 29er when it arrives next week.

Saw the Hanks in my LBS last week and was tempted by them but i don’t ride any 26″ bikes anymore.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Back in the day I rode city slickers 2″. They were slow and crap.

AVOID.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Schwalbe Big Apples. Massive, heavy but very very comfy tyres. Almost like having a very short travel full suss!

Quite puncture resistant too.

phiiiiil

I have a cycle with a 2.35″ big apple; it’s so smooth to ride it’s ace. I also have sat in the garage a 24″x3″ Dyno Fireball slick tyre; that’s a proper cruisin’ tyre…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone ridden monster slicks on their MTB ?’ is closed to new replies.