Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ridden Manitou Mattoc pros?
  • breninbeener

I need a pr of forks for my HT. I want a pr of 650b 160mm type. Looking around it appears that Mattocs are about £230 cheaper than Pikes/Lyrics in this size. The difference in money is the price of a dropper post which is attractive, but i dont want to compromise too heavily on performance. Any experience of the Manitous?

Lester
    Free Member

hi
    ive got two mega trs, one has mattoc pros 650 on them and the other one has pikes 650( the top model)the pikes also have tokens in them

i usually ride the one with the mattoc pros, they are very good, i cannot say that there is £200+ difference between them and the pikes. the mattocs have good adjustment and are perfect for the type of riding i do, mostly trail with drop offs and step downs.
    i weigh 16 stone kitted and they feel really plush, they are a great fork.
    HOWEVER
    i wouldnt buy them again as i cannot stand the through axle system they use, doesnt matter how often i try, i cannot get the hang of the insert, twist and lock on them. it annoys the f*** out of me.
    if you can put up with this then i would get the mattoc pros and save a bit of money

mactheknife

64 pages worth on MTBR. Yep 64 pages for you to wade through 🙂 Enjoy

Stevet1
    Free Member

Love my Mattocs, prefer them to a set of Pikes I’ve got on another bike. The thru axle system is unique, but once you ‘get it’ it’s fine, certainly wouldn’t put me off buying them. They’re a bargain IMHO.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I used to run manitous. They were always decent I’d you could sift the duff models out.

I stopped because rockshox got so much better than they were, but also because spares support for manitous got quite bad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Manitou Mattoc pros?’ is closed to new replies.