Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ridden Lord stones loop recently,NYM
  • lee170
    Free Member

Thinking of riding Lord stones loop on the NYM sat afternoon, has anyone been up there recently?
    I haven’t ridden it for a good couple of years now. I do remember it being a decent ride, apart from the moorland crossing at the top which is still boggy in summer.
    What’s the descent like into chop gate? Still good or washed out?

Any help would be great

davo
    Free Member

Don’t know exactly what you mean by Lord stones loop? We often ride from square corner near osmotherley over the moors and drop into Lord stones! Which is a nice ride, sometimes we then go down Carlton bank and ride back towards cod beck on the road (nice climb) also there is the desent into scugdale hall which is good which picks the cod beck road up instead of going down Carlton bank. I’ve been down the desent from the west into chop gate about a year ago and it was ok! Don’t know about now? Where are you thinking about starting from?

lee170
    Free Member

Lord stones loop was a route in mbr a few years ago, A real good route.i was planning to start from lord stones cafe.

davo
    Free Member

Well that’s the way I do it! If it helps.

lee170
    Free Member

Yeah thanks davo, I might give that route a go

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Lord stones loop recently,NYM’ is closed to new replies.