Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ridden in Washington state?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

What the topic says. I’ve found a bike club in Eastern Washington but wondered if anyone had any recommendations of places to go. I know BC is just over the border but as I’m visting family, I’m limited in how far I can go plus even if I don’t get to Whistler, Kamloops/North Vancouver is a possibility when we’re visiting family up there.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in a state…

Not Washington, though.

midlifecrashes

There’s tons to go at. Several clubs running from Seattle, have a google for Seattle Colonnade, a bike skills park under the I-5 freeway. Also clubs and trails at Bellingham and Whatcom counties worth googling. I found some nice trails over on Bainbridge Island as well.
    There are some incredible north shore trails near Port Angeles on the Olympic peninsula as well, I think THIS is one of them. A lot of the woodlands in from the coastal area is either National Park or State Forest, so MTB is pretty restricted, but with the size of WA there’s still more in the state than in the whole of the UK. If you feel like killing yourself you could ride a road bike up and down the Mt Baker Highway, that’s a grand day out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

Before we got married and she moved here, my wife lived about 30 mins from Port Angeles. Bellingham is close to where we’ll spend a lot of time anyway before we do Vancouver and Spokane.

I’m now considering taking my own bike with me as it looks like there’s more riding than perhaps I expected.

atlaz
    Free Member

The colonnade looks fun: http://vimeo.com/3768778?pg=embed&sec=

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden in Washington state?’ is closed to new replies.