Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone ridden Cona Glen?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Up In Fort Willy next week, done a few rides around there but never down Cona Glen. Was thinking of starting at Callop near Loch Shiel. (drop off & pick up by the Mrs to cut the road out)

scotroutes

Aye – you should know by now just to PM me 🙂

The track from the rod to Callop is fine but then it’s a stiff push up a heathery slope (signposted). You’ll keep thinking you’ve reached the top – but you haven’t 🙂 When it eventually flattens out a bit it’s an interesting ride across the col with some really good views. The first part of the descent is down a very old landy track, very rough. Good fun. The track out the glen is also rough in places but you should be able to crack on. More good views.

I rounded it off by cycling along the road to Strontian then up the old RoW via Scotstoun and the lead mines to Polloch (hard push uphill, lovely descent) and then back up Loch Shiel. That made a fairly decent day out.

Some foties

P1020288

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice one! What kind of timescale from Callop to Loch Linnhe do you reckon?

scotroutes

I was just looking for a GPS track but can’t find one 🙁 Exif data on the photos shows 2 hours from the col to Loch Linnhe, so maybe 3 hours in total?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Smashing! Weather permitting & being bored of watching motorcycle trials permitting, I might give that a go!
    Ta lots.

scotroutes

Well???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Cona Glen?’ is closed to new replies.