Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ridden all/part of Chemin de Soleil?
  • BigR

Fancy this as a possibility in September. I only have a few days so would be looking to do part of the route. Has anyone ridden this and can give some advice.

Ta

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’ve twice ridden the Chemins du Soleil Raid VTT, from Valence to Gap on each occasion.

The event provided food, accommodation and way-marking, so I might not be much help with advice on a self-guided effort, but ask away anyway.

Some of my friends have ridden all the way from Valence to Nice on the CdS route self-supported, but I’m not sure any of them post on STW any more 🙁

BigR

Hi,

I had wondered about the Sisteron to Nice section. Main initial problem is physically getting to somewhere to start, how did you travel. What were the trails like? The raid looks fun but I am hoping to do a route with 4 days cycling. Any advice gratefully received.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Oh ok, as suspected I can’t help you too much there, as I haven’t ridden that section, and both times I went I went via Eurostar and TGV to Valence and back (and local train from Gap back to Valence).

I’ll see if I can prompt one of the others to post something up. I do remember a friend’s photostream of the Sisteron-Nice section and it looked awesome.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

In the meantime, have you seen this website?

Chemins du Soleil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden all/part of Chemin de Soleil?’ is closed to new replies.