Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Anyone ridden a Yeti SB5C?
  • bigwill
    Free Member

I have demo’d a 5c and own a 6c, both amazing bikes, you would not be disappointed, the 5 is more playful and fun, the 6 is a root eating monster. for the vast majority of trails the 5 is all you need, it you like very steep stuff the 5 will manage well, but the 6 likes it better. The switch infinity is strangely (I don’t know how it works, it just does) amazing both climb very well, my 6c much better than my old 140mm bike and the 5c better again. All bikes can break I snapped my alloy norco last year, and I know someone that snapped a rear swing arm on an orange 5, even though that does seem impossible. I am writing this with a smashed shoulder after taking the 6c over a good sized drop, that I had ridden before and stacking it, total rider error, the bike bounced, hit rocks, a tree, made some weird carbon fibre hollow noises, but is total fine unlike me, I have checked it 3 times, to be sure. I cant say a yeti won’t break but then the same goes for any bike, and they do have a 5 yr warranty if it happens.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

I used to ride an ASR5 and was looking at an SB5 as my next bike. Rode an SB5, Ibis HD3 and Ibis Ripley back to back. The Yeti, as much as i wanted to love it was the least exciting of the lot. Just seemed to flatten out the trail too much. Also it felt to me like you were sitting quite high on the bike, not in the bike which is what i loved about the ASR5. Also some how i thought the suspension seemed too good – cant belive i’m saying that. The HD3 was really good but the Ripley was bloody amazing. It opened my eyes up to what really sorted short travel 29ers could be like. So ive now gone a bought an Evil Following. Frame arrived last week. Very excited to build this bad boy up.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden a Yeti SB5C?’ is closed to new replies.