Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone ridden a stane today?
  • chimpymcchimp

Just wondering what the conditions are like on the ‘western’ ones.
    Cheers!

racingsnail
    Free Member

I was round Kirroughtree today, did the red. The trails were mostly clear with a few deep patches of soft snow and a few trees down but 100% rideable.

The ride out was far more interesting though, afew drifts still hanging around.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9381048

Trekster

Rode Ae and Dalbeattie this week, or at least tried to 🙄

Ae;

Got round most of the trail with a bit of hiking here and there. I enjoyed it, others may not……

Mates night ride at Mabie;

Dalbeattie;

Gave up after a couple of hrs!!

http://www.thebreakpad.com/. For Kirry info.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Must be melting by now? Anywhere clear enough?

chimpymcchimp

That’s what I’m hoping, here for a week! Bright sunshine but pretty cold so not sure if anything is melting.

chimpymcchimp

Mabie was about 50% clear (the first half I did anyway!)…descents weren’t very clear. Skills area is though for some practice 🙂

raversknee
    Free Member

Any up to date info? I’m in the area with my new bike and really hope to get a good ride in – the only saving grace about visiting the inlaws!

Diane
    Free Member

Gt and Inners still loads of snow. Drumlanrig’s the place. Going there myself Friday

chimpymcchimp

Drumlanrig is incredible, trails are strangely dry. Kirroughtree is 90% clear too (red).

boxelder

Dalbeattie is about clear – didn’t do the trailhead/taster/log on-off bits. The first fire road to moyles hill was snowy (sunday). Mabie today had total of about 100m unridable – but was on SS, and having to stand to climb – spinning a lower gear would help. Fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden a stane today?’ is closed to new replies.