Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone ridden a Dartmoor Hornet?
  • tomnavman
    Free Member

I’ve got an 18″ slackline but not really getting on with it, find it too short in the reach when descending – I’ve just tried to measure the reach and its coming up around 380mm which seems crazy short (running 150mm forks). When the saddles up and I’m pedalling it feels about right.

Thinking of selling the slackline frame and buying the hornet instead – published reach is 430mm with a 160 fork, so might even be slightly more with the 150mm fork.

Or any alternatives? must take tapered forks and 31.6mm seatpost!

cheers!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s a frame I’m considering, amongst others, as I’ve realized I can convert my rear hub .

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-me-choose-a-hardtail-frame-1

How much do you want for the slackline? 🙂

Karl33to
    Free Member

They seem to crop up on the Pinkbike ‘Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !’ thread quite often, might be worth asking there …

tomnavman
    Free Member

Thanks both, that thread has got me looking at the bird zero, not sure how it would take 26″ wheels…

Will head over to pb and take a look

shindiggy
    Free Member

Also looking at th dartmoor hornet,just wondering how harsh the rear end would be. Coming from a C456 which are rather tank like anyway so not overly concerned about rear stiffness. I really like the production shan but only just bought a 31.6 Thompson dropper.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Hornet, but have yet to ride it!

I’d normally get a 17/18″, but lots of people suggested the 16″ was a more suitable size. Everything seems pretty good on it at the moment to be honest!

Solid, bargain, looks awesome.

sazter

I have one and love it, currently off the road as I am upgrading from old school 140mm pikes to some new 150mm revs, it is harsh at the rear but thats also pretty fun sometimes, and probably more noticeable as my other bike has 160mm at the back, so very different. It is this bike that gave me a lot of confidence on the local dh stuff and if I had to choose one bike to keep it would be this one.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Currently ride an 18inch C456 and I’m 6’1″ so assume I’ll best go for the large model.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Cotic BFe slightly longer in the top tube, takes tapered 150 forks and a 31.6 dropper. Exactly what I have. Am 5’10 but scope to run a longer/shorter stem depending on setup…

EDIT. Seen a few for sale recently, though I think even new they are good value.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden a Dartmoor Hornet?’ is closed to new replies.