Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone replaced storage heaters with a mor eeco friendly option?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Looking to replace 3 storage heaters in a rental property due to ongoing maintenance issues. Has anyone replaced these with any success? I’m looking at radiators like the ATC Sunray or Dimplex Quantum for example

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m on economy7 and got the quantum heaters fitted in my flat. wasn’t too worried about the purchase cost and saving money but wanted the control and heat when i wanted it.
    i certainly wouldn’t go back to traditional models, my bills are about the same but the difference is i am warm when i want to be and dont wake up to 26° because i want 20° in the evening. no more checking the forecast and adjusting the input either.
    they can be caught out with a sudden cold snap and the boost element will be needed for the odd few days when it’s -2 (i’m in London)
    i just have 2 units and let the hall one heat my bathroom (along with a timed heated towel rail) and the bedroom which has no heater as i removed the normal wall mounted electric radiator. triple glazing and 270mm loft insulation has obviously helped.
    they do have a bit of fan noise but its no noisier than a central heating boiler or pump.
    the timer is easy to use and the ‘in all day’ ‘out all day’ program is a good feature, just a shame there is no nest/hive type control.

they do give off fumes for a day or 2 when you first use them so if you have tenants you may have to take that into account.

Albanach
    Free Member

Cheers for the response…very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone replaced storage heaters with a mor eeco friendly option?’ is closed to new replies.