Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacing a mico standard rebound damper for a dual flow on a lyrik.Need advice.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Just swapping over with a damper from loco.I was a bit shocked when taking the old one out as iv’e never had it out before.Totally different rebound damper fell out.
    Is this just a strait swap and what is the oil volume for the new one as it takes up a lot less space..Have emailed Si but i know it’s the weekend and need it for tomorrow.
    Old on the left.
    If your about Si need your help on this one.

chvck
    Free Member

Take the rod out of the big tube and put the new rod in the tube. Oil levels are on the SRAM website http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7

robhughes
    Free Member

O i wish it was that easy.The old damper inside the tube is half the diameter of the new one.
    Oil levels will be different.Fogot to say it’s a 2009 coil non DH mico.
    Loco to the front please.. 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

bump.

robhughes
    Free Member

Anyone.??

twohats
    Free Member

Remove old damper rod and tube. New damper runs inside stanchion
    Oil is 187ml if I remember correctly.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hey twohats.Yer iv’e read the charts and it,s 187 for the motion control and 184 for the DH mico damper but by looking at some images of the DH damper it looks a wee bit different to my mico. Being impatient really and should wait for Si tomorrow. 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Rob ygm, was in ‘unplugged’ all weekend in Cornwall 😀

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks Si… 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacing a mico standard rebound damper for a dual flow on a lyrik.Need advice.’ is closed to new replies.