Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone remember Yello
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

They have a new album http://www.yello.com/#/discography But I this is what remember them for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqU_0xpILIU&feature=related Just a bit of wed eve nostalgia.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone remember Yello

Oh yeah!

nbt

Ahh, nostalgia

THis was my fave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KklGBOMRISc&feature=related

played in the Uni "nightclub" with the wide speaker stack so you could really hear the cars travelling left to right

antigee

used as a soundtrack on a bouldering video with jonny woodward but can't remember what it was called – pic of a sheep on the cover

edit OT i tink

scotabroad

used it at a number of student parties full blast, happy days!

bassspine
    Free Member

Yes! Solid Pleasure – one of the best albums ever. Listened to it recently, it is still wonderful.
    bostich

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I've got a few Yello albums & will get the new one! I once bought a pair of excellent Leak speakers after hearing 'The Race' through them.
    Very very underrated duo i think.

ChrisL

I have Flag, the album with "The Race" on it. It's still a good listen, especially the track "3rd of June".

z1ppy

Used to have all there albums on tape, been thinking about trying to find some stuff again of late. Can't find any decent torrents though 😉

kelvin

Stella is a great album.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Stella is a great album.

Yep the best one they did IMO, although will download the new one me thinks.

Philby

God that brings back some memories!

RepacK
    Free Member

Come with me Im going to win this RACE!

Classic stuff..Love the guitar..

mAx_hEadSet

Rather weirdly for a resident of North Wales, I know Dieter through a musician friend who works with him on his solo work. He is stonking rich has a ranch ,Ojo de Agua, in Argentina with vineyard and has a steakhouse in Buenos Airies and back in Switzerland he is exceptionally eccentric. Boris is now very much into architectural sound tracks and produced a 10 minute epic for the Launch of some Xmas lights in Zurich. Carlos fell out with them and now works alone.

The recent virtual album Touch Yello supporting the virtual show in Berlin was a bit of a virtual let down the world still awaits Yello's first live appearance other than their occasional art installation appearances to select art shows. They do have a studio album in a can but decline to release it.

spanners
    Free Member

'Oh Yeah' is surely the only answer to the question. Best album by them – 'Claro Qui Si' or something like that spelling. Wasn't 'Oh Yeah' used in the film Ferrars Bheula's Day Off?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember Yello’ is closed to new replies.