Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone remember the Boltby Bash? (nostalgia content)
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

My favourite race weekend ever! Anyone else a veteran?
    Is there anything like it these days? I used to do the Sportage series as well, plus numerous other local races in the NYM area.
    Anybody from those events still biking these days? Still racing? Where?
    What were you riding then? What are you riding now?

ac282

I did the sportage series as a teenager, racing in youth and junior. My 1st race was at Kielder. I still have a scar from a crash in the 1995 Boltby Bash. Its covered up by a scar from the Kielder 100 now though :-).

I used to race a Bear Valley that eventually died when it got run over. I’m riding a Pronghorn PR6 Carbon this year.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Back then I was riding a Bear Valley myself! I raced BB2 on the Marin and BB3 on a Cannondale.
    I’m just swapping my 575 for a Mega!
    I remember a great Sportage race in a quarry above Howarth, saw someone shear their forks off right in front of me. My wife won the ladies Sport class (she was the only entrant!)

ton

i do…………it was a good do.
    krakow slack on a rigid diamondback axis was fun……….honest. 8)

therider
    Free Member

the bash was a classic, along with the silton bommer sportage and nembas at eston hills (avioding getting shot at by the local c@”t~

Deveron53
    Free Member

I did the Eston – managed to escape with my life but loads of team bikes were nicked overnight.
    The locals regarded it as their own personal, local jumble sale!

mildred

Yup, did the bash, sportage series, nemba, nambs – always did shite, always had a laugh.

Everytime I did the bash I ended up on my own trying to work out which way next. I recall wondering why I bothered entering given that I was always on my lonesome except right at the beginning and right at the end.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I almost caught my minute man on the TT run – about 200 yards short I hooked a canti pad under the rim and just made it over the line before my own minute man caught me!

nosemineb
    Free Member

Boltby bash.. my first race and my first crash on a kona cinder cone! Krackow slack that was epic as a 13 year old!
    Boltby 20 years ago was were I did most of my early riding. I presume all the tracks have dissapeared now?
    happy days.

akira

Krackow Slack on a Cindercone with drops a la Tomac, pretty fast but slightly scary.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Anyone do the Viking Chase up above Stokesley?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I did the Bash! Didn’t Bike Scene have a bit to do with it?
    My mate did the Viking Chase.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember the Boltby Bash? (nostalgia content)’ is closed to new replies.