Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Anyone remember Robot Wars?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

it’ll be an all irish affair

Filmed in Glasgow so not quite.

Just been watching some battlebots and the tech and power has moved on a bit. Be interesting to see what the Brits can do, although I was a bit unimpressed with the Razor guys’ new robot (but it does look cool).

shermer75
    Free Member

Angela Scanlon likes coke

Cougar

Rock ‘n’ roll, the cola wars…

Northwind

I hope Dara presides over it with an equal mix of bemusement, tolerance, and contempt. Like that Dominik Diamond cookery show…

One of the joys of the old show was Phillipa Forrester making nerds uncomfortable, I don’t know about Angela Scanlon, is she the woman for the job?

Duffer
    Free Member

I have no idea who Angela Scanlon is.

Pleased about Dara O’Braian though! I think this new series is going to focus much more on the science / engineering than the old ones.

I suspect the first series will be dominated by flippers.

nickjb
    Free Member

I suspect the first series will be dominated by flippers

Have you seen battlebots? Lots of spinning disks like hypnodisc but far more powerful.

Duffer
    Free Member

Spinners are very impressive. However, they have been effectively outlawed in UK competition since the end of Robot Wars. As a result, no one has been developing them to the same extent as the other types.

Given the short timescale, i don’t think there will be time for any decent spinners to be built for this series. Maybe next year.

CountZero

One of the joys of the old show was Phillipa Forrester making nerds uncomfortable, I don’t know about Angela Scanlon, is she the woman for the job?

Well, in close proximity, I’m fairly certain there may be a little…discomfort in some places. #snigger
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Scanlon

gummydino
    Free Member

Yes ,
    Robot wars the 2004 Series

gummydino
    Free Member

Robot Wars: Dara O Briain and Angela Scanlon announced as hosts

gummydino
    Free Member

Robot Wars is coming back to BBC Two after more than 10 years away from the channel.
    Super Excited

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Unless they allow magnetrons this series I’m out 😛

squirrelking
    Free Member

No flame throwers or electro magnets, ballistics must be on a 2.5 metre tether

Aaaaw… (How many cells would you need to power a rail or gauss gun anyway?)

cheviots
    Free Member

Tickets available here
    http://lostintv.com/tv-show?id=726

You will have to be quick and register!

321 Activate

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember Robot Wars?’ is closed to new replies.