Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Anyone remember Fila Trailblazers? (those hiking boots worn by ravers)
  • Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Just been thinking about the rave scene in the early 90s and I remember a lot of people wearing Trailblazers in a variety of colours. I had a couple of pairs myself. (Maybe it was just a Northern thing)

I've just found out they re-released them a few years ago to celebrate their 15th birthday and I missed them. (original deadstock from the 90s would be better but I doubt anyone kept a pair boxed) I wouldn't mind getting hold of a set for display purposes, obviously.

Done the usual Google search which didn't come up with a great deal. Any ideas on where to track down such a thing? (Bez's wardrobe, maybe? Next to the Class A 😆 )

Very sad I know…

My username has nothing to do with the boot BTW. I had forgotten what they were called up until about 5 minutes ago. 😳

Youngsters, look away now…

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Remember a few guys with them at school circa 1993.

Same sort of era as Eclipse/Dosse Posse/Standard Deluxe/BTKA etc etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I remember them, as well as those awful Kickers boots:

Can't decide which were worse, the Kickers or those Fila things.

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn. Eclipse jackets…..they were frigging everywhere.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

sonic the hedgehog lost shoes???

yunki
    Free Member

I wanted those shoes.. either pair.. quite fanatically.. we must have been ahead of our time down in deepest darkest Devon though cos it was definitely at least a couple years earlier than '93 down our way…

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Dready too, how could I forget that?

Well, quite easily actually.

Anyone remember those old school Travel Fox trainers circa 1994/5? They were a great alternative to the Puma Suedes/States and Adidas Gazelles that a lot of people were wearing. Fat laces were de rigeur.

stevestunts
    Free Member

I had a pair in black, that would've been about 91 / 92. I remember going home and my dad asking why I was wearing correctional shoes.

Also had the Kickers boots as my school shoes.

Never owned any Travel Fox / Troop / British Knights though.

Rave on… keep the dream alive.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Gah Travel Fox etc? They were proper shit!

Troop- they were popular with a lot of the Black kids round my way, 'cos I think it were Public Enemy or someone wore them.

British Knights were awful. Truly nasty.

In fact, much of the 'fashion' of the late eighties/early nineties was pretty crap, let's be honest.

Anyone remember those Pony NFL trainers, mid eighties? You could get them in Yank football team colours. Horrific.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I remember going home and my dad asking why I was wearing correctional shoes.

😆

Ah, the fecklessness of youth…

brakes
    Free Member

it was all about British Knights at our school

slimtubing
    Free Member

Troop? anyone? or those mad purple Patrick Ewing basketball boots.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think a mate had a pair of those. Oh how we laughed.

At him, not with him.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I miss the PLUR of the 90's 🙁

rave on ravers 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Oh dear, guilty on all accounts. Troop > British Knights > Bavarian Dancing Boots > Travel Fox. IIRC, the Travel Fox were pretty cool and not too dissimilar from these, although mine had more suede than patent leather.

Let's not mention the BK tracksuits, eh?

tops5
    Free Member

I had a pair of filas in a slightly less garish red and a pair of troop – we also wore speedway jogging suits to go clubbing/partying, anyone remember them?

Bagstard
    Free Member

BK's and Troop for me. Anybody remember Naf Naf bodywarmers and puffa jackets in 1990?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Gah Travel Fox etc? They were proper shit!

Nah, nothing like those whatsoever.

As described, the ones I was referring to were low cut rubber soled/suede uppered efforts with fat laces and a side flash. Directly comparable to Puma Suedes/States or Adidas Gazelles.

Can't find any pictures of them online.

loddrik
    Free Member

Soviet sweatshirt, Ciao jeans and rockports, good to go!

shredder
    Free Member

Oh yes had those in red and have just bought and then sold on some of the Kickers. Currently sporting a nice pair of Clarks Originals desert boots. We also used to wear full on outdoor coats like Berghaus to the club 😕 Keep them on through the night then straight off to find a convoy to a rave somewhere.

But yea Naf Naf and Benetton clothing figured highly oh the days 😛

Mugboo

I had a pair in a darkish green, lovely boots. But i'm sure i had a slightly earlier incarnation first that were brown and slightly more hikey?

I remember some scousers at Quaddy Park wearing mismatched pairs, oh how we laughed!

My mate had his puffa jackt nicked at knife point one week…Great club though!!

warton
    Free Member

troops were the trainers to have in 88. mix it with a troop tracksuit and you were the king of the streets (until an older lad stole them off you)

Alcopop
    Free Member

Yep i rememeber them well, I was working for Schuh at the time we couldn't get enough of them sold out of them as soon as the came in i do vagualy remember a platform version coming out just before there demise also Champion hikers and New Balance 710 hiker in Green and Red must have been all that tramping across fields

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You lot? Ravers???

Pah! I can't even remember what I was wearing… 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I dreamed of a pair of Kickers first time round, maybe 1980.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Anyone remember those Pony NFL trainers, mid eighties? You could get them in Yank football team colours. Horrific.

oooohhh, yes. 😳 😳 😳
    Black and yellow ones, with loads of knobbles on the sole here. Never played american football in them though. They would have been real leg-snappers on astroturf! And on anything icy i'd have thought.

Mugboo

Going back a little earlier i remember the coolest trainers being a pair of Nike Omega Flame. They were a running shoe with a red to yellow fade?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Hmm I think I had a pair of vans caballero desert boots or it would have been some airwalks with lace protectors!

yunki
    Free Member

what were those ace Vision boots with a lace protector from around '90..?

I eventually and to my very great surprise and almost ecstatic triumphant glee managed to aquire a pair.. only to swap them for an eighth of soapbar before even 2 days of ownership..

plank.. they would still be going strong now..

easygroove
    Free Member

remember them all, but my hiking boot of choice for Universe was Nike Lava Dome hi tops….kool

MrNutt
    Free Member

VSW kit would last about a day, sounds like you got the better deal! 😀

tangent
    Free Member

ah…had some fab NewBalance Green! suede hiking boots.

often wore them for mtb'ing too as well as 'dancing' (lol), one brilliant week a soundsystem set up in our local forestry so we could ride and rave simultaneously, fantastic…it was like being in your own film or something!

yunki
    Free Member

boot of choice for Universe

er… I think mine was a wierd brightly coloured chunky adidas number.. mind body soul and the universe 9/11 '92..

I know that the night passed very quickly an that I spent the night in the jungle tent.. Also that got ripped off by the blokes who were gonna hire a car on our behalf.. So we desperately paid a fat scarey smackhead/dealer £100 to get us there and then hitched a lift back in a very overcrowded morris minor..

stanfree
    Free Member

I had a pair of Black trailblazers that I wore to local Rave nights (Elgin) and also Bally's , Rezers and fantazia's. Great days they were replaced by Brown Ellesse boots then Ultra comfy Travel foxes. Check out this for a blast fae the past.

There are loads of 20th anniversary nights on the go but I cant Imagine myself jumping about with a head full of magic like I used too.

Shame . 😳

KT1973
    Free Member

I had the kickers in suede with different pastel colours on them and white 501's with John Richmond 'Destroy' top and Michiko Koshino Jacket.
    Let's see those foockin' hands in the air

stanfree

I would have probably been at some of the same stuff- Rhumba Club, Sweatbox, Sunset etc

yoshimi

Tangent – I had some red ones of those NB boots, also had some Pony NFL, but my favorite were SPX – I was so cool (not)

yoshimi

Longshot – but did anyone here used to go to Carlos 2 in Colne when JFMC was the err, MC?
    Used to wear a t-shirt, short, trainers and put all sorts of nasty stuff into me – best times of my life:)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember Fila Trailblazers? (those hiking boots worn by ravers)’ is closed to new replies.