• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone recommend me some heavy duty 100-120mm travel QR forks
  • fbk
    Free Member

As above. My brother’s looking to replace the Rebas on his HT with something a bit beefier. He keeps blowing the seals on the Rebas so I was thinking of some coil shocks with a heavy spring (He’s a big lad!).

They need to be QR and not too expensive. Any suggestions?

Ta.

ansdy

About a year ago I brought some 2nd hand Float 36’s for £270. They’re absolutely spot-on. Parts are easily available to service/ tune them, and you can drop the travel from 160 down in 10mm increments as far as 100mm I believe- not qr though but not a big deal for me.

A

fbk
    Free Member

Yeah – I’m keeping an eye out for 2nd hand options. They do need to be QR though as he doesn’t really want to change his (tubeless) front wheel.

Mackem

I’ve got some PACE RC40’s that i’ll be selling soonish. They NEED a service. Very nice fork when working properly. If you can wait for me to buy my new forks, and a pretty short steerer isnt a problem then you can have em cheap.

pitduck
    Free Member

vanillas 😀

fbk
    Free Member

Mackem – thanks for the offer but I think the steerer woulkd need to be fairly long.

Pitduck – that was my first thought but the RRP is a bit steep for him. Anyone selling any cheap? 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

There’s always the option of older Marzocchi DJ’s.

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm – I was thinking about some of the older Marzocchis too…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend me some heavy duty 100-120mm travel QR forks’ is closed to new replies.