Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone recived their Kickstarter See.Sense lights yet?
  • tthew

Following on from a couple of hopeful updates, was just wondering if anyone had theirs through the post and how good they actually are?

Or is it a massive scam and I’ve been duped 😆

bails

I’ve seen a couple of people on twitter saying they’ve got theirs. Mine (bright rear) isn’t here yet.

wwaswas

they’re sending them out in order people paid.

plus reading between the lines CRC are handling distribution of the kickstarter lights so hopefully if they can make them they should get sent out quite quickly.

tthew

Didn’t know their big distributor was CRC. Hoping they will live up to the promise when they arrive.

wwaswas

Mine just arrived. It is CRC doing the p&p.

you should be more careful than I was when working out how to turn it on and off 😯

rather wishing I’d bought the front too now – I didn’t have a road bike when the original kickstarter happened – would be great for low sun on country roads I think.

TPTcruiser

Dear Backer,

Do to an error in data translation, around 20 incorrect packing slips were created. This resulted in you being sent a See.Sense Rear light, instead of a Front and Rear light set.

We are working through these orders again and your front light will be dispatched today.

🙁

wwaswas

turns out I’m one of these too.

I thought I’d ordered a front but only a rear turned up so I assumed I’d remembered wrong…

Chuffed I’ll be getting a front too, anyway 🙂

TPTcruiser

Lovely rear light. Must read the instructions!
    CRC or See.Sense included a Sugru sample in the box too. Maybe there’ll be another in the front light pack as well. 🙂

p8ddy
    Free Member

I received mine last week. One of the 120lm rears. Looks really nice. Defo read the instructions though.

It’s distributed though CRC and like someone else has mentioned, you get a comp sachet of sugru as well.

TimP
    Free Member

Apparently mine is at home waiting for me. So what do I need to look out for what turning it on???

TPTcruiser

All in the wrist action! 😉
    Rotation in the horizontal and vertical planes does all sorts. Flashing lights tells you stuff.

TimP
    Free Member

Tis bright that’s for sure. Luckily I read but paid no attention to the bit that says don’t look into it and my while world is full of rainbow blobs. Not sure I have the wrists for it yet either

DezB
    Free Member

Just got mine. wow its bright! Just like Tim , I now have spots before my eyes 🙂
    The on-off switching is a bit weird. Means it has to be removed from the bike everytime you want to turn it on or off (or you can rotate the whole bike, I suppose). Not sure if I like that…

tthew

2 packages for me yesterday. New fixed sprocket and lockring from Charlie (thanks for the sticker too, wasn’t expecting that for a small order!) and new bearings for my MTB wheels.

Still no lights. Hopefully they arrived today while I’ve been at work.

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, well, if someone can explain what all the flashing green/red light guff is I’d be most grateful! 7 reds 7 greens means??

TimP
    Free Member

That means you have set it to speed mode. It will detonate if you go slower than 20kph. And you have to give Keanu and Sandra a backie too

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody thing won’t need to detonate, I think I might stamp on it. Programmable my arse!

shoreditch
    Free Member

I bought two but only received one, let them know and got the other one. I can’t for the life of me work out how to turn the feckers on and off, twisting and turning three times seems to have variable results. Once it is on, it takes me several attempts at twisting to turn off.

These things will have to be turned down at an angle as they are rediculously bright!

tthew

Came today. I can get them to turn on and off, but don’t see 7 flashes to indicate the battery level, looks like 3 groups of 5 flashes to me.

The programmable thing isn’t particularly easy, because,

These things will have to be turned down at an angle as they are ridiculously bright!

apparently the power can be turned down.

Think I’ll e-mail a link to this thread over to the company, might get a bit of feeedback.
    Oh, and I also have the eye spots!

mossimus
    Free Member

To change settings I pointed the light at a turned off monitor. Still bright enough that you can see the flashing led in the reflection but not bright enough to blind.

tthew

I had a reply to my e-mail, they’ve been

working on some videos which we hope will help with some of the feedback on the thread

https://www.youtube.com/user/cyclingtechnology

turboferret

I got an email from my office in the UK (I’m in India at the moment) saying that I had a delivery from Chain Reaction Cycles yesterday. I was very confused as I hadn’t ordered anything from them for months. Thanks to this thread I now know what is sat on the other side of the world waiting for me 🙂

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recived their Kickstarter See.Sense lights yet?’ is closed to new replies.