Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone recently bagged a decent 4G mobile deal?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Im coming o he end of an difficult relationship with Orange, unfortunately when they initially said theyd move in with me for 2 years I didnt realise theyd go all nutty with unexpected extras and refer me to “the small print*”

So Im in the market for a new phone, this time on 4G
    All networks seem OK locally
    My main worry is data, Ive just got into Spotify premium which guzzles data on 3G @ 100MB per hour, I dont often stream on the hoof but suspect 4G would make this more tempting than it is now

If anyone has a deal theyd be willing to share Im all ears 🙂
    Voda currently bundling Spoify premium so Id be £10 a month better off but their tariffs not that good, wondering if anyone else has done this too

Android fanboi here if it helps and a decent camera an asset – really like my Galaxy S3

cheers

*Or in other words 2 prices hikes on what I thought was a fixed price monthly contract which was indeed in the small print but a first for me and widely condemned online elsewhere

Drac

Forget Vodafone their data network is unbelievably shite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just picked up a Nexus 5, awesome phone and happy with it. Got it outright so I can swap onto that I want to. Don’t really touch spotify on the move and just use playlists rather than streaming.

No idea on UK contacts these days but the freedom of outright purchase is good for me now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    notmyrealname
    Free Member

Three seem to offer the best packages with regards data.
    I’m currently stuck with Orange and can’t get away from them and back to Three soon enough!

andyl
    Free Member

New moto G 4G and a sim only deal could be a good bet.

iain1775
    Free Member

Three
    Unlimited data and no roaming charges in a fair few countries

rocketman
    Free Member

rocket jr is with Three PAYG

top up £15 and convert it into an add-on which means 300 mins 3000 texts and unlimited 3G data. Expires after 1 month. Also seems to work on 4G.

thehustler
    Free Member

I’m on three as said above unlimited data which will still apply when i go to france next month (they have signed with 16 countries for this so far)

loddrik
    Free Member

Just joined three on sim only. £15.90 a month for 4g, unlimited data and 600 mins. Just got back from France and wish I’d joined them before I went as would loved to have been able to use my phone whilst there.

burko73

Can I just get one of these 3 sims for my iPad then? Just a top up as you go and use in France as well?

just5minutes
    Free Member

I moved to a sim only deal on Ee yesterday – moving my contract over took 10 minutes and the new SIM card was working with my old number a few minutes after that. The deal I got is not advertised but still available in store to customers moving from orange or t-mobile … £19 a month for unlimited texts and calls with 5gb of data. It’s the only cheaper plan where the data is double speed and so far the speed has been extremely good a 60-70 meg downloads on on the m4 today and no, I’m not driving!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah $2 days. 500mb, free calls, free texts. When I find LTE I can get 50-60 with about 30 up.

Optus (Australia)

Wife has the contract SIM in my old S3. I’ve got a HTC M8 bought off contract with a payg SIM

Data is notoriously expensive here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably gets better coverage in remote UK on optus than in remote Oz 😉

Having to head to Telstra for the coverage 🙁

Does the data allowance cover the ads yet?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ads? Where?

Works in LTE at home and at work. In between its a bit patchy but fine in Freo or Perth CBC. I was thinking about getting a telstra sim as backup but not had any dramas yet signal wise.

Anyway, what noggin would rely on a Mobile phone out in woop woop?

I am constantly annoyed by data limits and poor speeds but it is what it is.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recently bagged a decent 4G mobile deal?’ is closed to new replies.