Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone reccomend a holiday destination for mid October
  • Woodentop
    Free Member

Looking to book a hol for me and the Mrs for mid October time, probly 7 – 10 days, somewhere that’ll still have a bit of sun, not looking for any party central places … preferably a nice beach, bit of snorkling, somewhere to go on a decent walk / hike (and somewhere I could hire a mountain bike and go for a blast), some decent places to eat, a bit of culture.
    Not looking for any long haul flights, so places like the US, Oz, NZ are all out unfortunately.

Thanks in advance
    🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Glossop

40mpg

Just been looking at exactly this. Options seem to be:
    Canaries
    Cyprus
    Malta
    Sharm
    North Africa – Tunisia or Morocco

Possible option but likely to be a bit more mixed weather-wise:
    Southern Spain / Portugal
    Sicily
    Turkey

I’m tied to school hols unfortunately (o/h is school worker) and, not surprisingly, prices jump up last week of October

chakaping
    Free Member

Andalucia lovely that time of year

40mpg

Wife’s just found some stuff on cape Verdi which looks good. Its got turtles!

mcnultycop

My parents went there. Nothing to do, but they enjoyed it anyway.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cape Verde? Take a kite, It’s bloody windy!
    We’ve been to Cyprus in October for the last 2 years & It’s spot on. Decent weather, hilly in places, lots of waymarked paths (the Ben Nevis Cafe up Troodos is actually higher than Ben Nevis) Loadsa history, good food, not dead cheap but ok, friendly locals. The best beaches are in the North although we were in Paphos.

AND….they drive on the proper side of the road. (car hire’s reasonable)

MoreCashThanDash

Did a couple of October trips to Club La Santa in Lanzarote in my single days – always came back with a sun tan and a hangover….

sadexpunk

whats your budget?

cape verde is lovely if you just want to laze around the pool drinking and sunning yourself, nothing else to do there. and the seas quite rough too.

at the moment we’re considering cyprus or the nicer parts of turkey next year around that time (late september)
    also looking at booking everything separately rather than having being beholden to useless package tour reps, but the cost implications may defeat us on that score.

number18
    Free Member

Sri Lanka
    Thailand

ticsmon

A mate went to lanzarote around that time last year said weather was great and hired a mtb bike and went out with a load of Germans for the day.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Cyprus.Weather is cracking that time of year. Western bit is nicest, somewhere around Polis.

Fly with Monarch, they are brilliant.

(I work for Monarch.)

Candodavid
    Free Member

Cape Verde is a proper lazy ass relaxing holiday, we retook our marriage vows on the beach last year with Mrs C having terminal cancer, a really moving and emotional day. It was a most amazing 2 weeks, junior C learnt the basics of windsurfing and we saw baby turtles too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone reccomend a holiday destination for mid October’ is closed to new replies.