Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone read Graham Obree's book?
  • aw
    Free Member

a bit expensive I know but who has read Obree’s book?

He has some very interesting ideas on training that has had me having a massive re-think. I have always been about the same level despite my training regimes and various cycling efforts. I look back at my times for various courses and events and they don’t change much year upon year. If anything they tend to follow my weight!

I might give Obree’s a method a chance…
    He advocates only three types of rides, a hard starvation 2 hour all effort ride, recovery rides in between at very low intensity and a turbo session of 20 minutes duration of all out max effort (fall of the bike at the end).

I have never been a fan of turbos but he advocates them to measure accurately performance improvement.

He states that anything in between the other two rides above is a waste of time and worse may threaten recovery in between the 2 hour training rides.

hels
    Free Member

Which one ? I read his first one, was really interesting.

Not sure that training regime would work for anybody except him, he is exceptionally talented, and a bit of an eccentric. And was targeting one very specific achievement.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I look back at my times for various courses and events and they don’t change much year upon year. If anything they tend to follow my weight!

are you overlooking this factor?

Are you training for the same type of event as Obree?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone read Graham Obree's book?’ is closed to new replies.