Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone rate Bike Outlet (York) Ltd??
  • johnhighfield
    Free Member

Ordered some kit for a build some 10 days ago & peeved it hasn’t arrived yet.It was cheaper than CRC for Hope BB & Headset…..

I also ordered some stuff from CRC which arrived within a couple of days – albeit in a big box!

Anyone else used them? What was the delivery times like?

stevepitch
    Free Member

I’ve heard they were good.

Maybe call them, what’s the worst that can happen?

Northwind

Always been slow to post, for me, but it’s always arrived in the end.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t think they hold much hope stuff in stock, just oder it in as and when. That will slow things down a bit.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

I’ve just googled them after posting up: shttp://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-outlet-york-avoid

Reviews are very mixed…….I should have searched on here first or stuck with: CRC / Merlin / Winstanlys / etc.

fudge9202
    Free Member

got my hope pro2 evos on stans here £240 the pair, im in n. ireland, arrived in five days, very happy indeed.

nealglover
    Free Member

There place is very small so I don’t reckon they hold much stock.

Northwind

Whenever I’ve had a delayed order, the excuse has been that they have to get something from the warehouse, so either they’ve got other premises elsewhere or it’s a convenient fib 😉

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Phoned up this morning & got through after about 2 hours of calling intermittently…..

‘It was sent out last Friday’ was the response – which is reassuring on one hand but sounds a bit convenient on the other. Everything I ordered showed up as being in stock with an expected delivery time of 1-5 days. Its now been 12 days and counting…..

I have told them verbally & put it in email that if its not delivered tomorrow I will cancel the order.

I’m very tempted to cancel now & re-order from a more reliable supplier on ‘next-day’ delivery & get on with my build which has been stalled for over a week. Its pretty hard to work around no BB, Headset& seat clamp!

Saving a few ££s has cost me a great deal in time ….lets hope my stuff comes tomorrow…. 🙁

Trailseeker
    Free Member

I just rang them for a price on Pro2 EVO/Arch EX wheelset & they said that they were no longer dealing with Hope

mrlugz
    Free Member

I recently placed an order with them for a set of pro 2 hubs. They were the cheapest by far. After a week I rang, said they were waiting for a delivery form hope (said instock on website).

After almost another week I rang again to be told that hope were witholding stock from them as they were de-valuing the brand. Order cancelled and told a refund would be made.

At the same time a friend of mine had ordered a set of V4 brkes. His order was also cancelled.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

My saga is still on-going and getting more concerning by the day re my cash…..

I Called 2 days ago to see where my refund was as I cancelled my order over a week ago after waiting for 2 weeks for it.

I was told that my shuff is now in (mainly Hope kit) because of difficulties with Hope supplies. The person I spoke to seemed unaware that I had cancelled my order as there seems to be someone else answering the emails and they clearly don’t communicate with each other……alegedly.

Assuming he really didn’t know my order was cancelled – why after 3 weeks was my order not sent out when they had it is clearly another question…. As is the fact that I had already been told it was sent out when I phoned a week earlier. Their own T&Cs clearly state between 1-5 days and that they would phone / email if there was a problem which they didn’t do.

Neither have they acknowledged the 2 emails I have sent enquiring after my order (after 10 days); and then cancelling it.

Needless to say they took my money (about £180) immediately and now after 2 weeks of waiting for the order plus 8 days of cancelling it – I am still waiting for my refund. To add insult to injury I also had to re-order from CRC on next-day postage to get my build done in the holiday time I had booked over 1/2 term – so I am severely out of pocket…

When I first posted up the reviews were mixed for this company but now they do seem to be turning very damming.

I hate to think how many other peoples money they are sitting on..

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

They work out of a trading estate in York and have only one premises afaik. in the area they are not considered a good shop….good luck fella 😉

davetrave
    Free Member

+1 to drinkmoreport.

davetrave – Member
    Hmm, The Bike Outlet once again…

They would be my LBS but for previous experiences with them. I went in a few times over the period of about 12 months to try and give them a second chance to prove initial impressions wrong, unfortunately that never happened and now I go elsewhere, more often than not, Harrogate or Leeds. First time I went the place looked good and the initial vibe was good, until it came time to try and engage the shop staff in order to make a purchase – despite standing at the counter in full view of the staff, no joy, they were all more interetsed in sitting out of the back door smoking dope, no amount of “excuse me” would draw them away, seemed we were to be dealt with at their leisure. That was one high end purchase less for them (forks).

Second time I went in, similar experience with disinterested staff, although this time there was some engagement still not customer oriented or helpful with another high end purchase (new bike for missus).

Third time was for some bits and pieces, same as first time, all out the back sharing a spliff. Didn’t even bother trying to get their attention and just walked out, never to set foot in the place again.

Posted 1 year ago #

My last comments regarding the Bike Outlet. Waste of space in my opinion and how they’re still going considering what is said about them regularly I’ll never know…

Fortunately I no longer have to class them as my LBS now I no longer live in York.

martinhutch

John – did you pay with a credit card? If so, ring them up and they should sort out your refund.

darren182
    Free Member

Bike outlet are terrible it took me 6 weeks to get my money back, I ordered a hope jersey along with some other items, it all got delivered but no jersey I rang them and asked what was happening and they told me they were out of stock(website said in stock) I asked when it would be back in stock and they gave me a very professional I ain’t got a clue. I asked for a refund and they said yes straight away but I received nothing, 6 weeks later and many phone calls / emails I got my money back, I will not use again.

sv

Terrible company, tried to buy hope hoops about three years ago. Apparently the courier lost them but couldn’t give me a trackung number, eventually got a refund.

Edit: I commented on that linked thread above! The phonecall still makes me laugh.

grum
    Free Member

I had a lot of hassle with them too, though it turned out ok in the end.

thorpie
    Free Member

I ordered some Hope Hoops through them. Didn’t hear anything for four or five days so phoned them as I hadn’t even received confirmation of the order. The chap on the end of the line said they didn’t have them in stock and were waiting on a delivery. I then asked him for a refund and he said he didn’t have the funds in his account at the time. Contacted him again the following day and the day after I received the refund. Went to 18 bikes after that and got what I wanted straight away. Probably wouldn’t use them again.

drew

I ordered a Hope Race evo front brake from them and was sent one with a left hand lever. When I spoke to them on the phone they expressed surprise as they didn’t think they had had any in stock which I thought was a bit odd as it’s clearly written on the box. Anyway, I returned the brake on monday, have just checked my account and the money has been refunded. It did take a few phone calls though.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

BEWARE – don’t use these these as other members are reporting similar problems…..

If anyone knows the name of the manager / owner – or how to obtain it as I am going to have to get VISA to recover my money…..

Simpsan
    Free Member

Guys,
    I have exactly the same issue with them, ordered a Hope Ceramic Bottom Bracket from them on the 13th feb. phone them a week later to chase up to be told that” because their prices are so good Hope are refusing to sell to them” and that they will need to cancel the order. So a week more passes and nothing paid into my account. Contact them again to check where the money is to be told that they ‘may’ have a delivery tomorrow. Tell them that it is no longer required as Westbrook managed to supply within 24 hours and the fact they were cancelling my order….!
    Anyway a week later and still no money… No response to emails but very nice on the ‘phone………
    Given them today to sort it out but guess what… No response so f@@k it visa can sort them…
    I’m all or supporting high street shops when possible but their customer service is appalling. avoid at all costs

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Still chasing up my refund that has not materialised yet…..

I will give it a few more days then its over to VISA for them to persue it!

BEWARE – fellow STW’ers….

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Phew!
    Finally got my money back after a month.
    They don’t respond – or even acknowledge – emails & my refund just turned up in the bank.

I will stay WELL AWAY from them in future & would advise others to do the same……

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone rate Bike Outlet (York) Ltd??’ is closed to new replies.