Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • anyone playing any good rpg games on pc
  • mollski
    Free Member

hi what are you all playing on your pc,im after a good rpg game please?just finished company of heroes

afrothunder88

Currently playing Mass Effect, it’s very good, quite shooty too.

cranberry
    Free Member

Just finished Fallout3 and Fallout:New Vegas – both highly recommended.

afrothunder88

Ah, forgot about Fallout 3, lost my save when me HDD died, must get round to finishing that.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Dragon Age 1 was ace. Sadly, Dragon Age 2 is dumbed down rubbish.

Danny79
    Free Member

Wondering if you meant RTS?
    Or are you after a totally different type of game.
    RTS – real time strategy – controlling squads and tanks like in company of heros

If that’s what you’re after you may like dawn of war 2 also made by relic but features war hammer 40k geekery, resource is gained through map control like company of heroes.

Lots of RTS games out there mind depends what you liked most about company of heroes. Total War series is good, though Empire and Napoleon were buggy.

Though if you wanted an RPG apologies 🙂 . I’ve not actually played it but based purely on graphic style I’d say Borderlands.

Drac

I started playing Oblivion IV again yesterday but it’s unstable on W7 and looks pretty bad these days. I’ve also lost my old saved games or at least my external HD doesn’t want to play where they probably stored.

Borderlands is Ok best played with friends but not really a RPG more FPS than RPG.

If you want to say goodbye to life the try Eve or World of Warcraft.

Kuco

I’m waiting for Diablo III to come out. Loved Diablo II.

D0NK

FONV is really good, I made the mistake of playing that first, tried playing FO3 later and it’s no where near as good.

Really fancy going back and playing ff7 but don’t have a spare 80 or so hours and no TV for that matter (TV switches off when I connect a console it)

Drac have you tried OOO?

Drac

I haven’t D0NK that saved me searching as I did wonder if there as something. It would seem it runs fine on W7 but my machine doesn’t like it too much.

mollski
    Free Member

Sorry meant rts

PJay
    Free Member

Just finished Dragon Age Origins, it’s fantastic. The Ultimate Edition comes with a stack of extra campaigns including Dragon Age Awakenings so I’ve got plenty left to play. I’d highly recommend it.

I dare say I’ll give Dragon Age II a go when it’s released as a cheapy. It’s got some great views but feedback on the Dragon Age forums is rather less positive.

Cougar

I’m waiting for Diablo III to come out. Loved Diablo II.

Might I suggest taking a look at Torchlight in the meantime?

nicko74

RTS? StarCraft 2 is excellent. It’s priced optimistically (£40 or so), but it is worth it, in my eyes.
    Failing that, Supreme Commander 2 is available on Steam – I picked it up for $3 in one of their one-day sales, but even at regular price it’s not too expensive.

Cougar

Starcraft II is £30 in lots of places now. Amazon, to name but one.

Drac

Civilization V is cheap at Green Man Gaming £12.47 and this code 20PEC-GMGV2-PROMO might give another 20% off.

No idea what it’s like though.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Civ V is superb, especially since they patched it up.

spacemonkey

Mass Effect 2 on the PC is pretty good, i.e. the usual high standard from Bioware.

But I get bored of games easily these days and stopped playing after a while. Cool group combat system.

IMO makes games like Fallout really dull in comparison.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘anyone playing any good rpg games on pc’ is closed to new replies.