Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone played out today?
  • chorlton
    Free Member

Not a bad day for it. Icy puddles up on tops though.

Trimix
    Free Member

I went out – it was shite. Rain, cold and slimy roads. I only did it to spin my legs. Had to wash my bike and kit and didnt even go off road.

Bregante

The roads were very icey first thing so I bottled going out on the roadie and went for a little CX pootle instead. Everything was frozen at 8am.

Sadly though it soon thawed..

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Left it incredibly late to force myself out the door as it was going dark, with the rain and wind having got worse as the afternoon progressed! About a dozen loops on my doorstep and a local evil climb thrown in near the end somehow totalled just over ten miles.

sharkattack

I went to Grenoside. All my kit was fresh out of the wash and within 30 seconds of riding I was covered from head to toe in brown paste. My rear tyre blew off the rim and I had to sick a tube in. I just threw everything in the garage to fester.

I now have pinkeye and blurry vision from all the mud and grit I scraped out of my eyeballs.

Hardly worth the effort really.

iainc

A few laps of the commonwealth circuit at Cathkin this afternoon to christen the new Anthem. Sunny and fast, brill 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

Training plan said 4hrs long slow road. Frost on car and wet roads = lie in. Decided on a quality 2hr sweet spot ride instead. 2hrs at 16.8mph average on HT with mtb tyres. Cold and wet weather – warm and tired body – lots of win.

mintimperial

Yep. Had a lovely ride, mostly. Bit damp on the ground though. This was one of the drier spots.

scotroutes

I’m still getting over a cold so was happy to get 20km or so in. It was such a nice day, it’d been a shame to miss it!

mcnultycop

In training now, I’ve decided, so on road local route was grimy.

birky
    Free Member

Loch Oisinneach Mor, Dunkeld

akira

Only a little play in the Surrey hills, was a bit grotty and a few sketchy front wheel moments. Fun though

scotroutes

How wet was the track (or was it cold enough to be firm?)

birky
    Free Member

It was ok going up but didn’t go right round the loch as the last time was very boggy. At the far end I took the track to Tullimet then Ballinluig for lunch 🙂

aroyalnit
    Free Member

The approach to Ballater was a little icy

CheesybeanZ

Set off in drizzle that turned too proper rain with a cold wind , only managed 10 miles off rd before MrsbeanZ had had enough .

wilburt
    Free Member

50 miles on the road, mostly frost apart from the downhill farm road that was black ice and half the group went down like skittles.

Possibly a mistake choosing that road.

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Pea and I went to Llandegla, a bit muddy but we finished our ride before the rain came.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sunday was a bit different to Saturday.

welshfarmer

God it was grim out there on the Blacks. Managed about 7 km before admitting defeat. Still 4 miles is better than no miles.

martinhutch

Doubly post

martinhutch

Heaving it down when I got to Grizedale, but was sunny and almost warm (to start with) in Staveley, so just a pootly out and back to Ambleside with some gorgeous views down Windermere when the sun did make it out.

The new Flare has given me an interesting dilemma for the South Lakes Jennride. How can something at least a kilo heavier just float up any kind of offroad climbing?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was a bloody cold commute this morning. Saw it was icy looking so decided to leave the cx bike in the shed and take the Spectral 29 instead.

A cold headwind and 20 odd psi in Butcher/purg does not make for a quick commute…

dumbbot
    Free Member

Sunday morning I tried to ride to cathkins to get a lap or two in, after 3 near death experiences on black ice I gave up and limped home.

lowey

Cracking Day around the classic trails surrounding Elterwater on Saturday. Wetter than an otters pocket but you never notice it when your out.

Only saw two other bikers…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QruESn]20170128_123822[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/RFfEvt]20170128_143859[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve already done 20 miles this year so I’m not going out till this pisspotical weather sorts itself out. I took the dog out & that was bad enough.

& I already know ALL about riding in crap weather & ‘no such thing about wrong weather/wrong clothing’ thanks! 😉

kayla1
    Free Member

We played out yesterday when it was lovely and bright and freezing- wheelieing over frozen puddles to crack the ice is very satisfying! On the way home it was still nice and bright but the frozen bits had started to turn to gloop, cue much slithering about and filthy bikes 😀

TiRed

Out at 06:30 for 95km before breakfast yesterday. It was colder than forecast and I needed proper overshoes not toe covers, but everything else was toasty warm. Bike was a bit messy despite mudguards, but I didn’t rinse it down. Was nice seeing the sun rise and being able to turn off the main light after only 45 minutes. Roll on earlier sunrises.

Twyford had evidence of a light snow dusting, and the Wey navigation was frozen solid in places.

Walked the dog in some serious rain later in the afternoon, and then it set in for good.

Rest day today, despite dry, warmer conditions.

gummikuh

Got up at 06:00 took an early train to Euston and cycled home to Milton Keynes on the Grand Union canal.

Started off lovely at Camden lock and it felt like T shirt weather and then the constant battle with filthy mud and dog eggs started.
    It started to rain proper around lunch time and then the mud was dragging the bike down (longitude running 650b+)

Best cup of tea ever at lock 81!

But it was worth it and I can’t feel my knees this morning.

pennine
    Free Member

Quite nice yesterday in Nidderdale North Yorkshire

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Welsh farmer you’re brave going out in the blacks yesterday. It was minging. I was out in Bringewood for 10 miles. It was dark, wet, cold and miserable. I ended up doing the last descent on a fireroad as it was too dark in the woods even at 4 pm.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone played out today?’ is closed to new replies.