Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • anyone played fallout 4 yet? how are you finding it?
  • racefaceec90

alas i have yet to get me a ps4 (won’t be for a while)my laptop isn’t powerful enough to run game.

how are you finding it?

cranberry
    Free Member

Played through the intro and 5 mins in the bunker this morning before work. So far, so good – it looks pretty and if the gameplay is similar to FO 3 and NV I will be happy.

I am working from home Weds and Fri and have Thursday off, so should be able to crack on nicely by the weekend. 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Hope its considerably better than FO New Vegas. I kept going round in circles there.

akira

I’m currently building chairs, pretty good so far but think I’m gonna do some equipment consolidation as feel a bit under gunned currently.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Brilliant game, I like pace. Time to explore look around. Like the story so far.

I played the original back in the day, missed the others. Tried NV didn’t like it.

Drac

Spent a few hours this afternoon chilling playing post nigh shift before I head back in.

Very good, massively in depth so much to do with the extended crafting features. I’m off to get some veg to plant for Sanctuary then I’ll concentrate on building my armoury back up. Oh yeah and the crazy lady’s chair.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

My PC copy arrived so that’s good.

My Xbox controller PC adaptor didn’t do that’s not as good.

I could fire it up and have a go but PC gaming annoys me so I’ll wait till I can use a proper controller. Might just check it all works though…

GregMay
    Free Member

Trying hard to not pay attention…really don’t want to buy a new XboxOne so I can play this….but really want to play this.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Wireless or wired?

Heard the controls might be ropey for PC. I’m circling the bowl as far as minimum specs go with a processor well below recommended so may give it a miss.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Wireless, might be ropey but not as ropey as me on the keyboard and mouse combo!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Not played much as yet – PC Version running Ultra High… sooo pretty!

Loads of fun though, with some really interesting ideas in it (wind up laser guns, home made pipe guns and such like). I haven’t got onto crafting yet, but will probably have a play on that tomorrow or over the next few days.

The controls are perhaps not quite as intuitive as Fallout 3, it feels a bit more like it was designed for console controlers and it hasn’t quite mapped over to keyboard/mouse as well as the previous version. That said, it may just be a case of getting used to it.

Drac

Comparison video footage for your viewing. Poor Xbone just falls short.

http://m.uk.ign.com/videos/2015/11/09/fallout-4-graphics-comparison-pc-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one

squirrelking
    Free Member

Wireless, might be ropey but not as ropey as me on the keyboard and mouse combo!

Sadly I swing the other way, have a pretty much unused out the box wired 360 controller next to me.

Northwind

Colleague of mine has taken 2 days off to play it. He was asked to come in on thursday for a meeting, said nope. Was asked if he had significant plans that were more important, he said yep. But he didn’t quite dare explain that he had a pressing 48 hour appointment with an xbox, rsi and an adult nappy.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Impressed so far. played 2 hours and only just got to the bridge on the way to Concord – spent so long designing my character and exploring the vault and my home area. This could take some time

Drac

Yup I hardly got very far through the game yesterday wilko for similar reasons, spending ages looking around.

Oooh! Let’s see your character I tried to make mine look like me.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Mine looks uncannily like yours drac, but more stubble and a bigger nose, like me!

Drac

Hahaha! I didn’t add my moustache as it’s gone in a few weeks. He does have a scar on his left eye brow though to match mine.

househusband

A new game comes out and I just know that this will mean that truancy and feigned illness amongst pupils at school will rise for a few days!

Drac

Games come every week. 😕

wilko1999
    Free Member

Mines got that scar above his left eye too, as have I!

Drac

I’m starting to get a bit freaked out now.

wilko1999
    Free Member

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Drac do you look like Richard O’Brian by chance? Lol

I’m waiting for a halo 5 special edition Xbox one to fall in my lap with a copy of FO4 as well before I can start but been playing the goty fo3 for the last few days in prep

Drac

Drac do you look like Richard O’Brian by chance? Lol

Not quite yet. I still have some hair but you can’t make it his out in that pic due to the angle.

Creg

Im really trying to resist getting this, I already have a rather long list of unfinished/unplayed games already however it is so tempting. I enjoyed FO3 and NV and am slowly working my way through them again on the PC.

For anyone wanting to get a copy on PC then Green Man Gaming currently have it for £39.99 but their current voucher code brings it down to £31.99 but its only valid until Friday.

copa
    Free Member

I’m too scared to leave that first place. I’ve tidied everything up – cleared up loads of rubbish, started crafting and have found a dog companion. Not sure I want to leave now.

squirrelking
    Free Member

How are folk finding this performance-wise?

I really want it BUT I am seriously circling the bowl in terms of minimum specs. My processor is actually older than min recommended (QX6850 vs i5 2300) but has a 10% overclock to 3.3GHz which, along with its other specs actually brings it marginally above the newer i5. All well and good but aside from that I have minimum ram (8Gb), minimum spec GPU (AMD 7850 2GB OC) which seems to be comparable to the 7870 listed in terms of spec.

So with all that in mind, is it worth it? Or am I better waiting till I have something a bit meatier to enjoy it with?

jolmes
    Free Member

Gf bought me this yesterday, spent around an hour creating the character, then 2-3 hours sorting Sanctuary out. Loving the crafting feature and creating your own base of operations. Not explored much yet but the little I did, i also felt well under powered. Until i found the power armor.

richmtb

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 so I probably will get this at some point.

A lot of reviews have mentioned its quite buggy – has anyone found this.

I’d be getting in on XBOne anyway

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’ve played 3 and NV in the past and found them both buggy, but it never stopped me enjoying them. I’ve only played two hours of Fallout 4 so far but haven’t encountered any bugs yet, although I’m sure it will happen.

McHamish
    Free Member

I had a few hours yesterday, and wandered about and have already collected tons of crap I don’t know if I need.

My wife was taking the piss out of me spending ages moulding the face of my character to look like me (weirdly it’s also similar to Drac’s character).

A mate also got it and while we were eating dinner watching whatever nonsense she wanted to watch, she said “I bet he didn’t spend 3 hours playing it”. No…he’s single, he’ll still be playing it.

cranberry
    Free Member

There’s already a patch out for some PC issues. I found that my Pipboy disappeared at one stage, but a restart of the game sorted that out. It looks lovely, plays well – not sure about the changes to the compass though.

McHamish
    Free Member

not sure about the changes to the compass though.

Yeah…I’m not using it intuitively yet.

Also, how do you know where the dog is?

Drac

How are folk finding this performance-wise?

No issues here as I’m on a PS4, I gave up with PC gaming. 😀

A lot of reviews have mentioned its quite buggy – has anyone found this.

As mentioned previous ones were also buggy probably because they are huge games. I’ve not notice any yet.

“I bet he didn’t spend 3 hours playing it”. No…he’s single, he’ll still be playing it.

😆

Also, how do you know where the dog is?

Yeah that’s annoying. If you send him back he heads to a Kennel but it’s right bugger to find.

Drac

Damn this game is huge. Had the chance of a few hours play this am and it’s just massive.

akira

Anyone using the pip boy app on your phone? Downloaded it but unsure whether it’s easier or more hassle.

Drac

Ooooh! I’ll give that ago cheers.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Played a couple of hours last night but got a bug which meant my game didn’t save so started it again tonight. Absolutely loving it and yep it’s massive! Going for a beast ninja hacking lock picking build so I can smash the crap outta everyone I come across while getting into every locked room/safe/computer I can 😆

Struggling to find a gear though so I can finish building my water supplies in sanctuary though.

Drac

Scrap the ruined houses and look for cement blocks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘anyone played fallout 4 yet? how are you finding it?’ is closed to new replies.