Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone play Falcon 4.0?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I was hankering for a flight sim, then I remembered I actually own a copy of Falcon 4.0 from when it was released, and there seems to be a strong community.

Might see if I can find it in the loft.. but do I need to install the original game?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Interesting. I just found Falcon 4.0 whilst searching for the reinstall disk for my ageing laptop.
    At the time I found it a bit daunting. Especially when compared to the F22 game I had played.

Might give it another go.

molgrips
    Free Member

I will if you do. Not sure the standard install works on W7 but one would hope the mods patch it.

budgierider67

Google Falcon 4 BMS. It pretty much fixes all the bugs and a whole lot more besides including better graphics.
    I loved doing the full start up from the ramp with every cockpit switch working.

dannybgoode

Used to play Falcon on the Atari ST – great sim.

May try and track down a copy of 4.0 and have a fiddle…

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to play F16 Combat Pilot which was basically the same as Falcon. Logged a lot of hours on that, with the effect that I can now fly pretty much any computer based plane quite well 🙂

sugdenr
    Free Member

Used to play Falcon on the Atari ST – great sim.
    May try and track down a copy of 4.0 and have a fiddle..

I made a very long rs232 from wire, we slung it through upstairs window into downstairs and interfaced an atari and amiga running the original falcon (2.0?), for 2 player dogfights. Lordy it was street ahead of everything else.

PJM1974
    Free Member

BMS is where it’s at apparently, but you need the original Falcon 4 CD to play it.

I’ve got FreeFalcon somewhere…

molgrips
    Free Member

I found my Falcon 4.0 disk! Off to try and download BMS.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone play Falcon 4.0?’ is closed to new replies.