Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone play a musical instrument? If yes, then what do you play?
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

Well, do ya?

To kick things off, I play the tenor saxophone. Because it makes the ladies go weak at the knees!

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I play the guitar, cos I like the noise they make and it hides my beergut.

Junkyard
    Free Member

classical guitar because I can speak whilst I play.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Played piano, keyboard and organ, not for a few years though now.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I play the drums, but my mate nicked my kit so haven’t for a while. Also got a guitar, but can’t play too well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Piano, tin whistle and…

…bagpipes 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

drums primarily.

I can also play guitar and bass, a bit. but never in public

iDave
    Free Member

guitar on and off for 30 years, and still crap, want to buy a piano, girlfriend plays flamenco guitar and demanding that she teaches me.

TheFlyingOx

Pretty much anything brass (trumpet, tenor horn, trombone) although I’m currently a euphonium player.
    Also OK-ish at guitar. Left hooker as well, so I upset the feng-shui of your average garage band.

Seggons
    Free Member

grade 8 euphonium!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Guitar. Harmonica (properly with bendy notes and all 8) ) Used to be good at the violin. Tried and failed the trombone.

simonralli2
    Free Member

buffalo drum
    shacapa
    jews harp
    guitar (a few chords)
    Rowland Groovekeyboard

My CD comes out in a few weeks. I’ll let you guess which instruments I’ll be playing 🙂 And as a hint it wont have my legendary cover version of Wonderwall on it 😯

And it was a long time ago when I played sax!

img038 by simon ralli, on Flickr

PGreen
    Free Member

Seggons- Also Grade 8 Euphonium for me!

Mainly play Trombone in Jazz/Big Bands atm. Can play almost all Brass Instruments.

MrNutt
    Free Member

this is me:

BlobOnAStick

Piano.

For 9 months now.

Gonna stop soon – my fingers are killing me 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

c’est moi

plumber
    Free Member

Guitar mainly

Bit of bass, keys and daw

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

another hitter of the Skins here

NZCol

Drums and guitar – drums quite well but a bit antisocial and guitar as a byproduct of playing in bands. Quite enjoy fiddling with the guitar of an evening.

grum
    Free Member

I mainly play bass, though I can play guitar reasonably and keys a bit. I also end up doing all sorts of wacky stuff like Samba drumming as part of my job. 🙂

Spaceman
    Free Member

Bagpipes here, have played for years, gave up for a while when I lived in Englandshire. Good fun to play and they are so **** loud that people have to listen to you. Might also acount for my tinnitus mind.

The pipeband i’m in are a great bunch, we’re off to france to play at a carnival in a couple of weeks, mucho drinking to be done!

float
    Free Member

my dad bought a banjo and i got quite into that for a while, great fun.

user-removed
    Free Member

Played guitar and harp (mooth organ) in several semi-serious bands over the years but now just turn up for the odd buskers’ night. Wee bit of tin whistle and remnants of classical training in fiddle…

Jaws harp is not an instrument 🙂 ^^^

simonralli2
    Free Member

Jaws harp is not an instrument

I know some people who would beg to differ 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpfKI0d_iOw[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh89fAgcXRw[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4fP1YGJiM[/video]

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Been using this avatar for some time now here. In addition to playing guitar in a couple of bands, I was a roadie for the same rock band from 1968 until about a year ago when I decided not to make a career out of it.

grum
    Free Member

Oh yeh – you can hear me play bass in my band here 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpe-Diem/269947309890?sk=info

stumpy01

Used to play clarinet, bass clarinet & tenor sax in a jazz band when I was at school (Brent Youth Jazz Band).
    We used to do OK at competitions and stuff, but I was never all that good. I used to find practising boring.

Bit of a shame really, as I would like to pick the sax up again but have probably forgotten it all. Must be 15 years since I played it….!

grim168
    Free Member

5 string banjo, badly.

5lab

I used to be fairly profficient at the bassoon (Grade 7) – but I’ve not touched it in a decade..

freddyg
    Free Member

Used to be pretty reasonable on the Cornet (Grade 8, principal cornet for a few Brass Bands) but could also turn my hand to most other Brass instruments. Also play the Didgeridoo, the guitar (very badly), the eukelele (ditto) and the triangle.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone play a musical instrument? If yes, then what do you play?’ is closed to new replies.