Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone picked up a good value washing machine recently?
  • franksinatra

Ours has finally surrendered so need to get a new one in ASAP. Not looking for fancy bells and whistles but definitely a big drum size to cope with family washes (and my muddy stff). Need to order online for delivery quickly, anyone seen any bargains around?

surfer
    Free Member

I havent picked one up recently because years ago I bought a Miele. Not the cheapest but the best value IMO

franksinatra

Well aren’t you smug?

miketually
    Free Member

Apparently, if you don’t want to pay Miele money, Samsung are the dark horse of the washing machine world.

We bought the cheapest Samsung that Currys stock.

peterfile
    Free Member

I havent picked one up recently because years ago I bought a Miele. Not the cheapest but the best value IMO

bearnecessities

Yes. I stuck a wanted ad in here. Some very nice man said if I could collect, I could take his away for £25, because his good lady fancied a change.

Very tidy, works perfectly and with some cleaning, pretty much looks like new.

I was in Currys yesterday looking at Tumble Dryers, and spotted exactly the same washing machine.

£500!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mrs CFH loves the Bosch washer dryer I bought her a while ago. Wasn’t silly money, IIRC.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Had “the chat” with our white goods vendor (a proper white goods geek, of all things) recently. Only Miele are as good they were, if you haven’t got Miele money then a mid priced Bosch is the pick of the bunch. Our 10 year old Bosch refuses to die, despite sounding like a walrus with toothache at some points in the cycle.

midlifecrashes

We got a 9kg Beko about a year ago, just googled the model number WM95145LW, might have been superseded already. Big door, takes duvets and sleeping bags. Quick too.

franksinatra
    dashed
    Free Member

I’ve got one, dunno what it is but it’s got a 9kg drum – def go large!! I just bought last years model from a local place and saved a fortune. Def not Bosch or Miele but it works 😉

midlifecrashes

That one looks to be the 8kg version of ours, same everthing else.

andyl
    Free Member

That Beko looks a lot like our Bosch (suspect it’s more a case of copying than it being the same machine).

We have this one we picked up at the end of last year using a £30 off code for the Co-Op and the Bosch cashback: http://ao.com/product/WAQ28461GB-Bosch-Exxcel-Washing-Machine-White-24619.aspx

Cost us £350 after all the discounts an the current offer there is not much more than that.

spacemonkey

We’ve just ordered a new Bosch for the new pad. Arrives later this week. Reviews are generally excellent plus all Bosch owners we know have nothing but praise for them. Normally £450 but in JL it’s discounted plus there’s £50 cash back.

EDIT: just realised it’s the same one as Andy’s

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

We have the Beko 71642 which looks exactly like that.Slighly slurpy pump but works fine. AO are superb too

franksinatra

Just ordered it from AO.com. Delivery tomorrow, will be well impressed if it does come tomorrow, after ordering at 9pm!

drlex
    Free Member

Bought the Beko that franksinatra linked a few weeks back, and it’s been fine. Quieter, quicker & greater capacity than the Zanussi that preceded it. AO also delivered on the right day and without fuss. Happy to have paid a tenner for them to cart the old one away.

alfabus
    Free Member

John Lewis own brand FTW – only come in white, but much cheaper and more options than others that come from the same factory. Coping admirably with mud, too.

Dave

kcal

upper mid level Bosch here. Quite a lot of electronics in it. Bought 9 ? years ago when we moved in. Motor brushes replaced about a year ago by local repair guy, who reckoned that yes, modern Bosches aren’t quite what they were – presumably some of the budget models are assembled in cheaper countries (he mentioned Mexico for one).

Also ours is high spin – 1600 – he reckoned the medium level (1400 ?) spins are perfectly adequate..

tang
    Free Member

Got a Zanussi big drum thing quite cheap from John Lewis 7 years ago and it’s been flogged within an inch of its life daily with not a single problem.

johndoh
    Free Member

We got a Beko WMB somethingorother.

Massive drum, works fine, lots of features like delay start, delicates wash, super quick wash etc.

My wife says it’s great. I have no personal experience.

johnhe

Thoroughly recommend the Miele. Definitely worth the money IMO,

_tom_
    Free Member

I got a cheap Beko from AO.com, can’t say I have any complaints. The quick 30 minute wash is great. Fast delivery and was fitted for a reasonable price.

hora
    Free Member

We’ve had a basic Zanussi since 2005. Going to change it soon as its washed alot of very muddy kit and clothes sometimes have a mildew smell now- so its a bag of salt in on a hotwash to clean.

Im going to buy Zanussi again- circa £220.

Or a Hotpoint one from John Lewis with £50 trade in.

franksinatra

Ordered from AO.com last night at 9pm, machine was in and on its first wash by lunch time today. Would have been earlier but their delivery to depot was delayed on M6 by three hours. The handling paperwork stuck on the machine shows it was loaded form the warehouse for distribution 20mins after I ordered. Pretty remarkable service considering we live is a relatively rural place as well.

Only slight hiccup was when pulling out the old machine I spotted the belt from motor to drum had worn and come off. Looks like all I needed was a replacement belt. Better not tell the wife that. …. To be fair though the machine was about 8 years old and is thrashed every day so doubt it had much left to give.

hora
    Free Member

If possible? Apparently you can stick a brick (s) in the rear/back to dampen the spin cycle vibration.

True?

andyl
    Free Member

most modern units are pretty well damped.

Putting the brick inside the drum and setting it to fast spin is much more entertaining 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

I got a hoover Dyn8 from Currys after my 12 year old bosch died. Seems alright and gets OK reviews, only time will tell but it has a free 5 year warranty.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone picked up a good value washing machine recently?’ is closed to new replies.