Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone perfer to use heavier headsets?
  • Earl
    Free Member

eg FSA Pig or CaneCreek Tank

Stronger but loose bearing so more maintenance I’m guessing.

Any comments please

Olly
    Free Member

the pig is a monster.
    got one on my dirt bike.
    fit and forget …. forever.
    its a tiny bit gritty, but i really couldnt care less.

the pig-pro is the same idea, monster marbles of bearings, but cartridge, if its cart your after.
    i never envisage those carts needing changing, or even getting noticebly worn

Jamie
    Free Member

I always have used Pig Pro heasdsets, on my Rock Lobster and now my Dialled Alpine. Fit and forget and cost pennies.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GW
    Free Member

pigs aren’t fit and forget at all.. they’re absolutely ruined in a few months if you ride in the wet and don’t service them – I’ve also broken a couple of Pig cups.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup – bigger bearings corrode like smaller ones!

neilforrow

As GW and cynic-al said, pigs wear badly if you fide in gloopy conditions… I have just replaced my 1.5 one, bearings were shot after a couple weeks, and they weigh a ton. cheep tat. The on one smoothy HD is ment to be realy good for a cheep (ish) HD headset.

However, the raceface deus in my cove is running strong 4-5 years on… minimal servicing as the seals are good…

theflatboy
    Free Member

wouldn’t mind one of these:

though doesn’t really fit my use profile.

samuri
    Free Member

pigs are pretty good, clean ’em out once a year and stick some new grease in and you’ll be sorted. Can you still get them?

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Pig pro, brilliant. Used to go through Orbit XLIIs every six months before I saw the light. 100g really shouldn’t matter, surely that much mud accumulates in the back of your fork? It does for me anyhow!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone perfer to use heavier headsets?’ is closed to new replies.