• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hels.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone parked their bicycle at SIlverstone for an event ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

I’m going to the moto-GP on sunday and am considering cycling (it’s about 12 miles and I don’t fancy the car-park queues).

I’ve never been to Silverstone before and so I’ve no idea if there’s any sensible areas to leave a bike. It’ll be an old tourer.

All advice welcome.

Thanks

Jack

Basil

Been but not on bicycle.
    I think I would lock it at the ticket pick up entrance. Lots of immovable objects and security.
    It’s sharing the roads with the other road users I would not fancy.

Pickers

Went the GP a couple of years ago, there was a load of bikes locked to the fencing behind the grandstands. I’d say you’d be fine.

jemima
    Free Member

Yeah – I used to drive in to within a few miles and then cycle the rest to beat the traffic. Just locked bike to perimeter fence at ticketed entrance gates. I did take my BMX for this though.

flap_jack
    Free Member

So, for completeness, what happens is that you can take your bike through the gates into the circuit and lock it up pretty much anywhere you fancy.

hels
    Free Member

I think Marquez should take his bicycle next time, and lock it to Rossi’s back wheel, if that is the case !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone parked their bicycle at SIlverstone for an event ?’ is closed to new replies.